Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-13-2011, 05:44 PM   #1 
ParisRose

Dividing.

Alright so I absolutely refuse to use the TopFin brand because of some bad experiences. Those were the only dividers my LFS had. So I asked around and the boys at the hardware store can build me one. Would a fiberglass screen be alright. I'm going to stress to them that this needs to be fish safe or I will wring their necks. Do you guys think this is okay? Also can you give me any DIY decor tips? I work minimum wage and this "hobby" had turned into an addiction that I really can't afford. The reason I'm splitting the tank is because my sister gave in and decided that she couldn't handle having a fish because she hates water. Either way I'm adopting him in exchange for space to run my future sorority.
Thanks
ParisRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #2 
laughing

I think it'd be okay, the only thing I'd be nervous about is chemicals! So just make sure they're not using things that have had chemicals and such on them and they're not using glass cleaner on it.

Also, you'd have to attach it inside the tank with something like silicone sealant. So hopefully you have someone for that. Fiberglass can be really sharp, I'd be careful for you're sake! Make sure they can't jump over it, too.

Other than that, I think that's a VERY good idea!

I use seran wraps for tops of tanks usually ones I find on sale due to their lack of top, I'm altering filters personally and make my own parts when I lose one or it breaks, and I use things at home for decorating.

Good luck!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #3 
ParisRose

I was going to have them put a plastic frame around all four sides and measure twice.
ParisRose is offline   Reply With Quote