Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 PM   #1 
PewPewPew

6 hour trip tomorrow D;

Tomorrows spring break wooo! And yet...Aghhhhh DX I have to transport my 2 boys, a tetra and a snail no a 6ish hour drive home, blegh.

What do you think of this set up?

~Ive got a small USPS shipping box that has cut-to-fit styrofoam insulation inside, which was what I got my snail and plants in from a website. I figure its more secure and a bit warmer, yes?

~Alle will be in his cup, but Basch doesnt have a cup..only the bag he came in. What should I do about that? Imma fill it up a ways and make sure to trap (but not breathe) air in there. Should I open the bag, or will he be ok?

~The tetra and snail dont have a bag and will be in sandwhich bags ( Dx ) should I put them together? Do I have to open the tetra's baggie, even though theyre not like bettas as far as air?

~Im not feeding them tonight or tomorrow morning. Yes? This reduces stress and whatnot?

~Same as tank water in the bags, with the addition of a small plant in each to chill on (Alle and Maccies liked this :D)

~Alle gets his annubias (mini), and the others a small sprig of anarchis.

Issis good? D;
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 PM   #2 
SmokeNLark

Sounds good to me. I would keep all of the bags closed though. There will be enough air. Just make sure to trap enough air in there. I would be more worried about water spilling if they were open. The tetra and snail should be fine together. The only other thing I would suggest is to make sure it's dark for them on their trip. Good luck and have fun on break :)
SmokeNLark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:16 PM   #3 
PewPewPew

It is! And nono, not to keep them open, just to open on occasion for a fresh breath :3 Its also lined with a palstic bag (the box) and the cup, which has holes on the top, has a half baggie to darken it, keep water in and to block one boy from seeing the other :D

Thankies!
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

You can also use gladware containers.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:04 PM   #5 
JaspersANGEL

I'd use the container's as dq suggested.
Good luck! And have a good march break!!
JaspersANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #6 
rue721

I've found the smallest critter keepers really helpful because the lids lock but have air slots, and they're really stable. (Here's an example of the size I mean: http://www.amazon.com/Lee-Mini-Kritt...129180&sr=8-10). They're basically everywhere (I got mine at PetSmart), so they'd be easy to pick up on your way out of town).

If you decide to take the fish and snail in bags though, just make sure you put them on the floor of the backseat and wedge their box between the back of your seat and the front of the backseat. Wedge it in as tightly as you can to reduce jostling. Also, make sure you trap A LOT of air in the bags and wedge them together tightly (maybe make it tighter/calmer by putting a sheet of cardboard between bags)--otherwise the bags will collapse and the water level will get too low and/or the sides of the bag will wrinkle and trap the fish.

And have a safe trip :).
rue721 is offline   Reply With Quote