Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #1 
starzntwilite

newbie betta owner

Hi, I'm a newbie betta owner. I had been wanting one for some time so I asked a friend who knows a lot about aquariums and taking care of them. She told me to get at least a 2.5 gallon tank with a heater and to cycle it so I did before I got him. Luckily I asked her about taking care of them because I would have gotten one of those betta tanks. I got my little guy from walmart. He was the only one swimming around. He greeted me when i walked up so I just had to get him. I've had him for about 4 days and he's very active. He's been exploring his new home and today when I came home, I saw what looks like the beginning of a bubblenest. He is camera shy so it was difficult to get a picture of him, but here he is. His name is Jiro( the "j" is pronounced like an "h").
Attached Images

starzntwilite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #2 
PewPewPew

Aw, he's a good looking fellow. Im glad you were able to learn what would make him most comfortable- Im sure he's greateful, too.
<3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 PM   #3 
Pekemom

He's beautiful, Starz!! Lots and lots of good luck with him. Yes, great to see that you did all your homework and are providing a healthy home for the new guy!!
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #4 
denaliwind

Beautiful! How wonderful that you had a friend to guide you! :D
Welcome to the forum! I hope you and your little guy will have many great years together. ^^
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote