Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-17-2011, 10:40 AM   #31 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliwind View Post
Nope, a 1-3 gal tank without filter needs a 100% per week with a 50% change in between.
Everyone is gonna have their own opinions on frequency. True accuracy for each individuals tank is figured out by doing water tests and measuring out the time it takes to notice a spike as these measurements are based on individual betta waste, uneaten food, etc.

Regardless, some fishkeepers seem to wait it out as if it's a chore. It takes me less then 10 minutes to do a 50pct siphon and replenishment on my 5 gallon so am probably the type who does more water changes then perhaps needed but it's not a big deal since it's so simple and fast to do.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #32 
fishman12

I have PRIME and I haven't used it yet. It says that it treats 2500 gallons, and it was only $6 (which is $1 more than the conditioner that I'm currently using, which treats 25 gallons
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #33 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootshoot View Post
Everyone is gonna have their own opinions on frequency. True accuracy for each individuals tank is figured out by doing water tests and measuring out the time it takes to notice a spike as these measurements are based on individual betta waste, uneaten food, etc.

Regardless, some fishkeepers seem to wait it out as if it's a chore. It takes me less then 10 minutes to do a 50pct siphon and replenishment on my 5 gallon so am probably the type who does more water changes then perhaps needed but it's not a big deal since it's so simple and fast to do.
Good point. ^^
I'm the type that enjoys water changes and finds it a very relaxing experience. XD
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:58 AM   #34 
turtle10

I like doing water changes because I know it will make the fish feel better. I kind of think of it as a shower or bath for the fish. My tanks are cycled but they still appreciate fresh water "bath".
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote