Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #11 
BeCkS

i used to do mine every week until they started stressing out. I've done everything you've said before, except my fish got sick.
BeCkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #12 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeCkS View Post
i used to do mine every week until they started stressing out. I've done everything you've said before, except my fish got sick.
Then something else is wrong. Regular water changes are vital for complete betta health and happiness.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #13 
BeCkS

this is what I'm trying to figure out! I thought you guys would know whats up, but honestly fish are probably the most difficult pets to own.
I dont think anyone can give me a straight up answer.
Things will just take its course. If my betta gets sick i will do the best I can, but because they're such complex creatures its hard to do.
thanks anyways everyone
Old 03-15-2011, 10:16 PM   #14 
bahamut285

I don't think disregarding people's help and showing off a poor attitude towards fishkeeping will help your betta get better.

Everybody here has given you a "straight up answer":
1. Get a heater, it is more important to the health and livelihood of your fish than a filter

2. Do the weekly water changes; I remember Bobo was a little pouty when I did water changes for the first time, but now he is used to it. However, if your fish is/are CONSTANTLY being super stressed out (i.e. sitting at the bottom for several hours after water change) you might be either putting in freezing water or not enough conditioner. Just do a 50% water change on a Saturday, then you can monitor their behaviour on Sunday before you have to go to school/work/whatever.

Sorry for being blunt and very direct, but panic seems to have a hold on you, we're all here to help.
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:08 PM   #15 
PewPewPew

^Overreacting and whining seem cronic on the forum latley.

Becks, dont blame it on the fish being hard to handle...That kind of thinking isnt doing you or them any good. Seriously, invest in that heater and not the filter. Thats a straight answer.

Your fish could have a million things wrong, but by doing what the others mentioned, you can knock off at least a few of those things- helping the both of you.

Good luck with it. : /
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #16 
BeCkS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
^Overreacting and whining seem cronic on the forum latley.

Becks, dont blame it on the fish being hard to handle...That kind of thinking isnt doing you or them any good. Seriously, invest in that heater and not the filter. Thats a straight answer.

Your fish could have a million things wrong, but by doing what the others mentioned, you can knock off at least a few of those things- helping the both of you.

Good luck with it. : /
Old 03-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #17 
PewPewPew

Youre welcome.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote