Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #31 
Rue

...my CT and the 4 girls are in with mollies, platies, zebra danios, serpae tetras, corys, one oto cat, and shrimp... :D
Rue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:48 AM   #32 
sean117Ply

I am real angry i went to the lfs and saw a poor dead betta just floating there, I told the owner. The next day i went back for some fish food and it was still there. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
sean117Ply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #33 
soco1125

the biggest problem has got to be the severe under-education of the consumer. not only do the pet stores keep bettas in bowls, bags, and cups; they also sell "betta kits" which consist of a little bowl or tiny plastic tank and some rocks or marbles and maybe a plastic plant. when the store offers these things as legitimate housing for the fish, the customer trusts that this is all they need to do to care for their new "decorative pet".

and of course when the fish just sits there because it doesn't have enough room to swim around, they get bored with it and either dispose of it or stop taking care of it. if these people ever got to see their betta in a large tank, they wouldn't think it was the same fish. i rescued my betta from my sister who had it in a big enough tank, but was not caring for it properly. he's currently living in my 55-gallon planted tank with 10 debauwi catfish and has never looked better.

if you keep a dog in a little cage, you can get sent to jail for animal cruelty... but a fish isn't important enough to deserve the same protection? that's messed up.
soco1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #34 
Firebelly girrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by soco1125
the biggest problem has got to be the severe under-education of the consumer. not only do the pet stores keep bettas in bowls, bags, and cups; they also sell "betta kits" which consist of a little bowl or tiny plastic tank and some rocks or marbles and maybe a plastic plant. when the store offers these things as legitimate housing for the fish, the customer trusts that this is all they need to do to care for their new "decorative pet".

and of course when the fish just sits there because it doesn't have enough room to swim around, they get bored with it and either dispose of it or stop taking care of it. if these people ever got to see their betta in a large tank, they wouldn't think it was the same fish. i rescued my betta from my sister who had it in a big enough tank, but was not caring for it properly. he's currently living in my 55-gallon planted tank with 10 debauwi catfish and has never looked better.

if you keep a dog in a little cage, you can get sent to jail for animal cruelty... but a fish isn't important enough to deserve the same protection? that's messed up.
I I for the last sentence!! lol!! it really is true! Do you have any pics of your betta in your tank? I would love to see it!
Firebelly girrl is offline   Reply With Quote