Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #11 
19wEEdmAstEr25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
Whoa! Your setup looks really colorful and awesome :D Is that one divided tank or a bunch of small ones?
Thanks! They are a bunch of small ones, 1 gallon each, roughly a little bit bigger than the average fish bowl. I've put white cardboard divisions between them so that they don't see each other and doesn't give them their reflections.
19wEEdmAstEr25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:23 PM   #12 
denaliwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19wEEdmAstEr25 View Post
Thanks! They are a bunch of small ones, 1 gallon each, roughly a little bit bigger than the average fish bowl. I've put white cardboard divisions between them so that they don't see each other and doesn't give them their reflections.
Ah good idea! I would have thought this was a special custom made tank, it looks really cool. You have a great group! :D
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:07 PM   #13 
19wEEdmAstEr25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
ok noones going to like this and im not posting it as a mean thing just my opinion and my observations:
First pic:
too small for three fish.
second pi
shows regrowth and nice vt, metallic colours look good
third pic
same as 2nd pic, both vt nic regrowth and colours
(personally flash should always be off)
4th & 5th:
he is a ct but has messy rays
6th & 7th
i relly like thses pics
8th and ninth
not sure if hes a delt or super but both look like they need to regrow
10 (the butterfly)
hmm doesnt look like a butterfly more of a "im still regrowing my fins"
11 (blue ct)
hmmm the tail does have a few rays so its possible, she needs to regrow them before you can see better
looks like a ct from the tail but ice colours
love the colours :)
14th
VERY NICE
I agree that these tanks are quite small for 3 females, I'd be spawning one of 'em females within 2 week's time and I'd be getting another 1 gal tank to house the exhausted female permanently.

The downside of mass production at the fish farm, where I bought them, is that these fish(es) were not taken cared of very well. Some of them began with a little bit of fin and tail rot, like Sunshine, and I took it in as a challenge to revitalize these fish and give them a better home. When I bought them, I picked the ones that were struck with a little bit of sickness but quite active and shows the potential of being a beautiful fish. Now, I see tremendous improvement on Sunshine, he was really in bad shape when he came in a month ago. I'm now documenting the healing of Wall-E and the 2 females, Red and Blue, I just got them a few days ago.

Noted, I also have observed that Butterfly is really not a butterfly and a crown tail either. Maybe she is really a part of a group that you can't sort by color pattern.

In few week's time, I'll post the recovery progress of these fish. Thanks for the input!
Old 03-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #14 
Goomba3

Looks like one long custom tank with dividers. Looks very neat! Can't wait for progression pictures.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:21 PM   #15 
Abby

Quote:
I agree that these tanks are quite small for 3 females, I'd be spawning one of 'em females within 2 week's time and I'd be getting another 1 gal tank to house the exhausted female permanently.
Im sorry but it needs to be stated.
A) one gal is TOO small for ONE fish
B) Dont breed until ALL fish ARE 100% recovered from their fins being torn, technically they are still in recovery until all their fins are regrown and such.
C) DONT breed till you can house up to 300 or more fish in more then one gal tanks.
D) Dont breed until you have A- food for fry B- healthy fish C- splenty of room and time to care for all the tanks, D- can you rehome all the fry? pet stores wont take them until they are 6 months old and mature can you house males in their own tanks this long AND maintain the tanks?

and make sure you have read and read and reread all the info you can on breeding and raising fry.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:25 PM   #16 
19wEEdmAstEr25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPew View Post
I'd have to agree about the female's tank, its a bit small and there isnt enough cover for those bossy ladies. I'd suggest a ten gallon with cover.

I like them (and hope their fins, all of them, heal) and suggest a small plant in each tank to help them chill and have a place to relax in. Its a cute set up, and the males seem to have a good amount of space. What size are the tanks?

If you want, you could go to a craft store and get decor plants that would be fantastic additions! Just wash them well, soak them and make sure they dont have a fragrance.

:D
I have just recently cleaned the tanks but I put in half IA leaves in each tank every time, as decoration and to promote healing. I'm using dried but not crunchy, so they wouldn't turn the water brownish very quickly. If the leaves become very brown due to prolonged submersion, I boil them and pour the extract back into the tanks.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #17 
TheCrysCat

Quote:
I do something similar with my guys! Granted, it's just a piece of white printer paper, but...
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:39 PM   #18 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrysCat View Post
I do something similar with my guys! Granted, it's just a piece of white printer paper, but...

its a good idea
Old 03-18-2011, 10:40 PM   #19 
TheCrysCat

Yeah, I don't want to get them stressed out... I mean, people have divided tanks, so it can't make THAT much of an effect, but for me better safe than sorry.
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #20 
Abby

my tanks a 8 bay divided tank my boys are not stressed at all they LOVE to flare at each other but only do it maybe half hr a day 10 minutes when lights come on, 10 minutes during feeding and 20 minutes spread through the day/night when other light shines on the tank.
i am obsessed with making sure they are ot stressed and they are fine. *looks over* noones flaring at all. benny and nero are watching eachother and neros teasing him cause he has a long large bay across the back but benny cant follow him the whole way lol