Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-18-2011, 08:15 PM   #11 
Thunderloon

does the filter look like anything on this page:
http://www.petazon.com/price/product...ter-Parts.html
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:19 PM   #12 
laughing

No, not at all. I'm sorry I don't know the brand, it was an old tank from my bf's mom!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 PM   #13 
PewPewPew

Is it a biowheel? o_o? I know you have a hex, and that slot sounds like where it goes.... If so, theyre great filters, they helped me cycle- more space for bacteria to stick on. :B (Pain to baffle though)
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:02 PM   #14 
laughing

YES! It is a wheel! And that kind of filter is nearly impossible to baffle, but the current isn't that strong, only in that area right around it which isn't bad.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:08 PM   #15 
PewPewPew

OHHH NO ITS BAD!!! @_____@!!!! Mine is, at least. We have the same tank, me thinks.
And yeah- its a pain, but not impossible to baffle. If you have access to it, get some AQ sponge and stuff it in the intake and well as against the outtake (tied with a rubberband)

I used (LOL, super hard, no sponge..) a half of a bar soap container from walmart, which I broke in half, stuffed with fake plants and mesh (LOLOL) and hit up against it by using the bands. Half goes in the water, the mesh prevents my fish from going in.

Id be careful of that outtake- its stronger than you might think!

But its a great, really great filter. (Make sure the water level's high enough)

:B
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:27 AM   #16 
laughing

Oohh I think we might have the same filter! But my out-take really is not bad. Thank you for the baffling tips, though! I might have to use it, I don't want ANY disruptions!

I had that problem a few weeks back, the filter just randomly stopped working. Thank God for my amazing man who spent about 10 mins checking it over and realizing that it really was the water level! It'd gotten too low so he filled it right up for me! ;)