Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 06:56 PM   #1 
JKfish

I am weak

You know the drill... the poster of the thread walked into a petstore, looked at the bettas, and left skipping out of the doors into the sunset with a betta in hand.

Yeah.... that happened to me . I went to the good petsmart to return my bettalog and to buy moneywort, and I checked the bettas to make sure the store was keeping up with their care. None were dead, and none were sick. The water was a bit mulmy, but no biggie. I always go from the back to the front, and they were just the typical blue or red vts and cts. There were some pretty black cts with blue and green irridecence and some red wash, but they weren't looking so great. Then, I got to the cups at the front row. There was a little red guy flaring at another one vt, so I look.... and oh my gosh.

I think he's an orange dalmatian (first one I've seein in real life). He was a pale fleshy color, but his fins looked like they could be orange with a few spots once colored. He has the prettiest blue eyes. Mom and my sister said he was ugly, but he's really pretty in my eyes.

Mom didn't want me buying another tank, but said that since I only have Tux that I could get him. I had 10 dollars from returning the betta log, so I got him and the moneywort I was looking for. I'm going to qt him for a few weeks, then I'll divide tux's ten gallon to make room.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:04 PM   #2 
hannah16

Aw! Congrats! I'm happy for you, I wish I could find a orange Dal in my area. That happen to me with Red x.x... He was just calling me v-v..
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #3 
denaliwind

Haha! I love stories like this. ^^ They make me happy, perhaps because it's something I always want to do but don't, I'll live vicariously through you. lol
I can't wait to see him, I love blue eyed bettas and orange dalmatian sounds amazing.

Grats!
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #4 
JKfish

True. I'm all for planning out getting pets, I always want to research and be sure everything is in order... but I think this little guy is special. Besides, I have everything I need to care for him, I've got the time and the energy as well. Being spontanious is fun to some extent.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #5 
Luimeril

Orange Dals are my #1 favorite. :d but, i'm holding off on buying any until i'm ready to start my Orange Dal breeding line. x3 so, i love seeing photos of others' Dals. :3
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:33 PM   #6 
kathstew

Love when this happens! Congrats! Post pictures soon!
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote