Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #11 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Ah. Was about to say, if for the gourami, then I'd rather get a bigger tank. I don't want to downsize him, lol.
But yeah, I'll prolly do that... but as late as it is, my pet store's closed, and it's been a while since I've been there... I hope some kid didn't take that blind betta off the shelf. D:
As odd as this sounds, I'd love to see how taking care of him would go.
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:21 PM   #12 
Luimeril

with Theo, it can be a challenge. he can't see the pellets if i just sprinkle them, and more often than not, he misses them. he can smell them, though. that's why i use the feeding ring. i move it to around the same area each time, and he knows where it is. it also prevents the pellets from scattering when he noses about for them.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #13 
turtle10

They are so cute! I love Theo's coloring! Or lack of, lol.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #14 
Luimeril

he's got the tiniest bit of black on his ventrils. but, you can't see it most of the time. x3c
Old 03-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #15 
TheCrysCat

Ohh pretty fishies... I love Theo's whiteness. He's so pretty. And I know he's in good hands :)
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #16 
Luimeril

he's already spoiled. >w> i do a good job at that. he's the best one i have, about water changes(speaking of. D: it's storming, and i'm too scared to mess with the water during storms. i hope he doesn't mind waiting an extra day to get his water change...). my others run from the cup, or freak out in the cup. he just calmly lets himself get scooped up, then sits there while in the cup.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:13 PM   #17 
TheCrysCat

Oh, lucky! I just had to change Schnappi's water, and he's horrible about the cup D:
TheCrysCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:18 PM   #18 
shinybetta

Nice! Sorry about your friend though. You should name your next bettas Ni and San!
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #19 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinybetta View Post
Nice! Sorry about your friend though. You should name your next bettas Ni and San!
that would be cute. xD i didn't name Ichi, ichi, because it means one, though. the first part of my friend's name, Kazu, can also mean "one". so, instead of flat-out naming him Kazu, i chose Ichi. :3
Old 03-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #20 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luimeril View Post
with Theo, it can be a challenge. he can't see the pellets if i just sprinkle them, and more often than not, he misses them. he can smell them, though. that's why i use the feeding ring. i move it to around the same area each time, and he knows where it is. it also prevents the pellets from scattering when he noses about for them.
I may have to come to your profile once in a while for advice about caring for a partially-blind/blind betta. :D'
For example... aqua-ring? That a fish product, or just a floating ring thing that uh... floats? lol
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote