Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-19-2011, 12:46 AM   #31 
Dragonlady

Ultimately, it is your decision on what to do. The first 2 weeks of a betta's life are very critical in how healthy they will be as adult bettas. Look up infusoria cultures if you don't already have one. If you don't have one, destroy the nest.

Last edited by Dragonlady; 03-19-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Dragonlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #32 
amp7594

ok well i guess thanks for taking the time to help me and whats done is done ill just have to work to make the best of it and find someone to care for them and i just want to clear somthing up, i had no idea the security house was no good i will be using a large vlasic pickle jar in the future
amp7594 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #33 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp7594 View Post
ok well i guess thanks for taking the time to help me and whats done is done ill just have to work to make the best of it and find someone to care for them and i just want to clear somthing up, i had no idea the security house was no good i will be using a large vlasic pickle jar in the future
You can't condition the female in the male's tank. You should condition her in her own tank. You move the female to the jar when you are ready to spawn them.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:58 AM   #34 
Ethan

guys lets give amp7594 another chance although I am seeing this is gonna turn out to be a problem like bettafishbreeders123's so we should ignore and if amp ask a question we should help him out if he dosen't heed what we say just don't pay any atention.

amp7594- I understand that you are beginning sometimes people just get angry because of experience. To me it was great sense to condition them on your vacation but putting them in the same tank was a big no no but everyone learns from experience all new betta breeders make mistakes and sometimes get pushed around but we only do that kindly to make sure you don't end up with a bunch of dead bettas or are overwhelmed with fry and quit this great hobby. I understand you are starting just like me I made the same mistakes you just need to understand to be polite even if someones mean to you sometimes its not there intention to hurt anyones feelings they just don't want you to make the same mistakes like some of us did like........over heating a tank= dead fishies....... so you still have to be polite even though other people aren't.
If you have any questions upon bettas pm. me if you do decide to have another spawn contact MrVamp. for cultures.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #35 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
guys lets give amp7594 another chance although I am seeing this is gonna turn out to be a problem like bettafishbreeders123's so we should ignore and if amp ask a question we should help him out if he dosen't heed what we say just don't pay any atention.

amp7594- I understand that you are beginning sometimes people just get angry because of experience. To me it was great sense to condition them on your vacation but putting them in the same tank was a big no no but everyone learns from experience all new betta breeders make mistakes and sometimes get pushed around but we only do that kindly to make sure you don't end up with a bunch of dead bettas or are overwhelmed with fry and quit this great hobby. I understand you are starting just like me I made the same mistakes you just need to understand to be polite even if someones mean to you sometimes its not there intention to hurt anyones feelings they just don't want you to make the same mistakes like some of us did like........over heating a tank= dead fishies....... so you still have to be polite even though other people aren't.
If you have any questions upon bettas pm. me if you do decide to have another spawn contact MrVamp. for cultures.
How would you condition them while on vacation? You have to feed them daily.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #36 
1fish2fish

I'm not angry. I'm giving my opinion based on how the situation was presented and what I know about raising fry from my own experiences.

The fact of the matter is.. young fry must be fed daily, preferably multiple times a day, every. single. day. or they will die... period.. no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

The OP stated in the first post that he or she did not have fry foods prepared. In another post it was mentioned that they have brine shrimp. That's fine but brine shrimp require someone to hatch and feed them and water changes are a must because the shrimp will foul the water very quickly.

Unless they already knew someone who was familiar enough with fish to know how to do water changes and hatch brine shrimp it would have been more humane to destroy the eggs before they hatched.

Its a moot point now though because most likely the fry have hatched by now and are almost to free swimming where they'll be searching for food.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #37 
Ethan

Turtle10 bettas adults can go about a month without food although I haven't tried this I think 4 days is fine. I think you should tr to find a good friend to take care of them for you there's not much you can do.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #38 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
Turtle10 bettas adults can go about a month without food although I haven't tried this I think 4 days is fine. I think you should tr to find a good friend to take care of them for you there's not much you can do.
Yes that may be true, but they were trying to condition them for breeding which requires healthy food every day.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #39 
Duncan13

I personally think that it was unwise to condition the bettas right before a vacation. I agree with turtle, when conditioning bettas, they need to be fed QUALITY foods EVERYDAY. Its not really called contitioning if you don't feed them, right? Although, I must say, we are being a bit harsh. All people make mistakes.
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #40 
PeggyJ

Geeze....... there is a lot of negative vibes in here. I don't think there is anyone alive that has kept fish and not made mistakes. This is supposed to be a forum where we can learn what to do and what not to do without feeling like everyone is pouncing on you. We need to remember there are all ages, cultures and various levels of experience in these forums. That's what is supposed to make it fun and educational
PeggyJ is offline   Reply With Quote