Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #11 
roboglitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Okay well that is good. I really hope this all works, it is a wonderful thing to do. You are giving these fish a second chance because not many people are going to want to buy and heal and sick fish, especially if they are beginners. These fish are really lucky you are able to do this! :)
Thanks! I really think those poor fish who get shoved to the back of the shelf deserve a nice, warm home and even if they don't make it at least their last few days/weeks will be comfortable.
roboglitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:46 PM   #12 
turtle10

I agree. That reminds me of this animal shelter that takes in old and unwanted animals. They live out the rest of their lives on a farm. So even if they don't survive, it means sooo much that you were there to make the end comfortable.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:34 AM   #13 
roboglitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
I agree. That reminds me of this animal shelter that takes in old and unwanted animals. They live out the rest of their lives on a farm. So even if they don't survive, it means sooo much that you were there to make the end comfortable.
Exactly, that's all I want to do for those poor fish. They just stock wayyyy to many bettas at my local Petco, it's just sad.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #14 
turtle10

I know, all lined up on neat little shelves :(
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 11:25 AM   #15 
1fish2fish

Actually a lot of people rescue petstore bettas and pay shipping. I've adopted 2 pet store rescues in the past and I've rescued and adopted out 4 myself.. none locally.

As for your heating situation putting them in a tub with a heater will work fine, just make sure you get a thermometer reading of each tank to make sure they are heated evenly.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #16 
roboglitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fish2fish View Post
Actually a lot of people rescue petstore bettas and pay shipping. I've adopted 2 pet store rescues in the past and I've rescued and adopted out 4 myself.. none locally.

As for your heating situation putting them in a tub with a heater will work fine, just make sure you get a thermometer reading of each tank to make sure they are heated evenly.
Yeah, I will definitely check the temperatures of all the tanks, make sure they all stay stable and warm. Thanks! I hope I can save a few and give them to good homes.