Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #11 
RiverStoneBetta

Quinn - I just love him, period. He's the most monstrous betta I've ever owned (I measured last night, we're approaching the 4 inch mark), and he's got such a unique personality. Everyday when I come home, he charges at the glass, puffs out his gills and blows me a bubble, then stirs up the Cory cats so I can count them. He always swims around the tank with his fins spread out, I've never seen him clamp his fins since I rescued him, even with his chemical burn.

Boba - Boba is just a little ball of hate. He's tail biter, and never stops moving when I'm in the room. He doesn't do anything in particular, but I always tell him not to burn the house down or kill anyone before I leave. XD

Möbius - Even though he's newly adopted, he's already become used to the household and developed his own little quirks. He cruises the back of the tank, staring down his reflection and flaring anytime the blinds of my window moves. Whenever it's time for bed, he either sleeps in his piece of driftwood or lays down in the little "nest" he's built in the gravel by the glass closest to the tank. Then he follows me up in the morning and paces back and forth in front of the glass to see if I'll feed him. Once his fins go back to normal, he'll be such a spectacular fish to behold in the mornings.
RiverStoneBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #12 
BlueHaven

Cute stories!
^_^

Thai:
He is my artsy betta fish. It's awesome how he makes bubble nests and then rearranges them or moves them around. I've seen him make bubbles all over the water surface where it looked like he was trying to make a pattern.
He seems very interested in the rocks I put in front of his tank, when I move them around he always stares at them, and then when I take them away he doesn't seem to like it. Those are some thing I love about Thai!
He's just awesome, very unique!

Autumn:
She is very fiesty and clever! And so cute.
I love her because of that, even though it can be annoying when she doesn't work with me, lol
She will chase my fingers if I put then on the corners of the the tank.

Shimmy:
I love how he smacks his mouth when he wants foods, it's so cute, lol
He gets super excited and shimmy's around (why I call him that, though his actual name is Sparx, after the dragonfly in Spyro).

My new betta Sol:
He is an HM, i'm still learning about him,
but he's got his own unique-ness. He made a big bubble nest when I brought him home and likes to explore (they all do!), but he sticks to that most of the time, it's cool. He seems to get over being scared quickly, when I put him in his new home he somehow got himself stuck in the filter bottle (homemade, it was safe), his fins were being held down and he couldn't get out.
I moved the airstone and he got out and after a minute he was back to swimming around the filter again, haha
He has got the bluest eyes I have ever seen! They have some purple/blue in them too, and when the sunlight hits him he shines!
Well, i've seen blue eyes like him before, but just in pictures.

Those are some things I love about my bettas!
I am so thankful to have them ~
They are so fun to be around.
BlueHaven is offline   Reply With Quote