Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #11 
xkatieebby

I first bought my tank brand new with rock marbles in it and my tank clouded up. I was told new tanks sometimes do this? I don't know but I bought Cloudy Water For Dummies(They are drops) From my local pet store and followed the instructions and it cleared up within two days.
xkatieebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #12 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkatieebby View Post
I first bought my tank brand new with rock marbles in it and my tank clouded up. I was told new tanks sometimes do this? I don't know but I bought Cloudy Water For Dummies(They are drops) From my local pet store and followed the instructions and it cleared up within two days.
That sounds like it was from the decor you added, which is not normal. It was them probably leeching something.

What they "sometimes do" is have bacterial bloom (naturally occurring), which is what I think you meant. It causes cloudiness.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #13 
xkatieebby

Maybe, it was all new stuff I put in the tank even after washing them. So I bought those drops and it worked just fine for my tank, and it's been awhile now and my boy is fine. So I haven't worried, all the readings are normal too.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #14 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkatieebby View Post
Maybe, it was all new stuff I put in the tank even after washing them. So I bought those drops and it worked just fine for my tank, and it's been awhile now and my boy is fine. So I haven't worried, all the readings are normal too.
I wouldnt be, sometimes stuff leeches regardless of it it was washed (soaking for a few days is a good idea, though).
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #15 
xkatieebby

lol Thanks, but the drops did work so it's always a suggestion.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #16 
BettasForever

I took it out about a 1/2 hour after I posted the thread, so thanks for the input guys.

Last edited by BettasForever; 03-22-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Had to add 'after.'
BettasForever is offline   Reply With Quote