Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2011, 12:10 AM   #11 
storrkopf

Good good :) i will begin with the cheapest one...i don't want to buy a shrimp who will travel the half world to be finish in the stomach of my glutton :P..i'm going squish him if he do it :) ahahaha

If i have herbivors shrimps, it will be better to stay with my artificial plants to avoid to be eating by those litle monsters :)

Did i need to use a filter? low or high force...with those punks :)
storrkopf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:16 AM   #12 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by storrkopf View Post
Good good :) i will begin with the cheapest one...i don't want to buy a shrimp who will travel the half world to be finish in the stomach of my glutton :P..i'm going squish him if he do it :) ahahaha

If i have herbivors shrimps, it will be better to stay with my artificial plants to avoid to be eating by those litle monsters :)

You don't need a filter as long as you keep up with the water changes. The shrimp can be very sensitive to water parameters. The shrimp shouldn't eat your plants unless they are dead or the shrimp are starving.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 AM   #13 
shinybetta

Quote:

Herbivirous shrimp eat algea and other dead plant parts. They don't bother live plants and are great for planted tanks. You don't need a filter. The usual filter (unless it is a sponge filter) will suck up and kill the babies.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 09:14 AM   #14 
storrkopf

Another question? If i want put natural plants...what's the best to put in a 6 gallons tanks with a betta and futures shrimps....
:)
Old 03-22-2011, 01:53 PM   #15 
turtle10

Anacharis, java moss, java fern, banana plant, hornwort. Anything that will do a good job of hiding scared shrimp lol.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #16 
storrkopf

Quote:
Another question? If i want put natural plants...what's the best to put in a 6 gallons tanks with a betta and futures shrimps....
:)

Well, i'm soo excited that l didn't wait the answers..i buy 3 littles plants..and buy some others stuff...
However, another novice question...i spoot the shrimps, but here in Québec, this things costs...3-4$ each....i have to find something cheap...
Until there, did i need to put the shirmps in quarantine before send in the main tank!!!!
Old 03-22-2011, 02:00 PM   #17 
turtle10

What did you buy? lol

I'm not sure about the quarantine.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #18 
storrkopf

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
What did you buy? lol

I'm not sure about the quarantine.

The only plant, i can tell you is Java fern...the rest is unknown...they guy from the Petsco didn't told me...i think he don't know their name...i ask him, i need a fresh aquatic plant...i choose those three and paid...well, like any petsco...!!!

When i asked him, if i need something for them...he told me that i need to use "fertilizer " one time par week ...this is correct or no? and what's the best thing to use...!!!!

I will wait a few days to buy my shrimps..."Jo" (alias Gluton) is in diet for a few days and if i buy one shrimp...he will eating in no time ahahahaha :)

Last edited by storrkopf; 03-22-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:18 PM   #19 
turtle10

What type of fertilizer is it? Also many times they will sell you an aquatic plant but it is not actually aquatic. They sell kyoto grass as aquatic, but I have that in my backyard lol
Old 03-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #20 
shinybetta

You need ferts for most plants, unless you are using the walstad method ( I use this method!), 3-4$ isn't uncommon for fancy shrimp. You could buy a seperate tank (1 gallon is fine), put a male and female shrimp in, wait for them to breed, and once the babies are adults put them in the tank. An unlimited supply! Most shrimp breed easily.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tankmates