Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #1 
CrowntailxKing

Cute story with my sorority 10gallon :)

So, I decided to rinse my hands off well to attempt to play with my females. At first I stuck just one finger in and Didi, the gal who is at the bottom of the pecking order, gets curious (oh how I love her). She eyes my every slow twirl I do with my finer and soon swims up to it. Copper, who is second to last (or as I say, fourth in command), gets curious as well, so they both start swimming around it. I play with them by introducing another finger and attempt to pet them. They were still nervous, so they didn't like me getting too close. Since they were still nervous, I just kept my finger(s) still and let them observe. Soon, Jenny (the alpha) comes up and eyes my fingers. Since the three of them (sometimes Rapunzel, second in command, and Rainbow, third in command, come up too but swim away) were surrounding two of my fingers, I decide to put all of my fingers (minus my thumb) in there and curl them slightly to make like a little hammock. Jenny and Didi swim away, but Copper gets intrigued. She must be the brave one because when I made a hoop with my fingers, she swam through and now I made a hammock with my fingers and she decides to lay in them! I wasn't expecting her to do that so quickly! Soon Jenny comes back after seeing how Ms. "Fourth in Charge" is so comfortable, she flares at Copper and takes her place in my hand! That didn't stop Copper though. Jenny was laying in my hand and Copper found a space right behind her!! So BOTH of them were laying in my hand! Didi, who is at the bottom of the pecking order as I said before, dared not to get in Jenny's way and fled :( Rapunzel was still intrigued a bit, but Rainbow was too scared by the time I had all my fingers in there and ignored me. It was cute how determined Copper was to under-mind Jenny's orders to back off and kept trying to get her spot back when Jenny would swim out of my hand :) Oh I love these girls <3
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:35 PM   #2 
Arashi Takamine

D'awww how cute! That is ultra adorable!
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #3 
turtle10

Omg I smiled so big when I read this, that is the cutest thing I ever heard. I am going to have to try that with my girls tomorrow.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:03 AM   #4 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's pretty cool!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:04 AM   #5 
denaliwind

Oh goodness, that is so adorable! :O
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:15 AM   #6 
CrowntailxKing

Hahaha yeah! I was just doing it again and Rapunzel decided to be bold and was laying in my hand :) Copper immediately swam up to me when I put my hand in the water, but so did Jenny so neither made a move to lay in my hand at first. Eventually Copper did (this was before Rapunzel did) and I tried to slowly lift her out of the water to see if she was that comfortable with me yet...she's not, but that didnt stop her from coming back again to lay down xD
Old 03-23-2011, 12:25 AM   #7 
turtle10

Lazy girls! Lol jk, but all they want to do is just chill on your hand! I wish I could try it now, but it is 12:30 here and my girls went to sleep around 10.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #8 
CrowntailxKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Lazy girls! Lol jk, but all they want to do is just chill on your hand! I wish I could try it now, but it is 12:30 here and my girls went to sleep around 10.
No excuse! It's 1:30 here heheh :) They just wake up when the light is on and sleep when it's dark
Old 03-23-2011, 12:31 AM   #9 
turtle10

Lol! Your girls are night owls haha. I just don't want to mess with their sleep schedule though lol. Also my chihuahua Apple is with me and he literally gets grumpy at me if I keep him up past 11, so I probably shouldn't turn the light on. I turned the brightness up on my computer to see better and he did a big sigh, like he was upset I made it brighter. He is asleep like a human right now; body under the covers, head sticking out.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:37 AM   #10 
CrowntailxKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
Lol! Your girls are night owls haha. I just don't want to mess with their sleep schedule though lol. Also my chihuahua Apple is with me and he literally gets grumpy at me if I keep him up past 11, so I probably shouldn't turn the light on. I turned the brightness up on my computer to see better and he did a big sigh, like he was upset I made it brighter. He is asleep like a human right now; body under the covers, head sticking out.
LOL! My weiner dog is the SAME way! He won't go to bed when he sleeps in my room till Im off the computer (poor guy). He just looks at me all sad like "Can we go to bed...pleeeeease?? :'(" but a lot of times he sleeps with my parents. Funny story about how I actually got him: For the longest time I wanted a dog and my parents said no...since I was like 10 (and Im 19 now). Eventually I was fed up with not having pets (this was when I was 18), so I snuck in these rats from my local pet store as one of the workers was giving them up for adoption cuz he was going away for college. I sneak them in my room and keep them for the day until my parents get home. My mom flips, but my dad brings up this wiener dog with a skin condition he saw at the vets (he sells insurance and was widening his customer base). So my mom reluctantly agrees, so I had to give the rats away to one of my friends. My mom realized how nice the dog was, but he wasn't technically MY dog...he was the "family pet," so after a while I ask her if I can get 1 fish...as you can see...I now have 6. She asked me tonight "How did it come to this?" not in a mad way and I just smiled at her :)