Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #21 
denaliwind

Shipping Questions!

Can someone describe the whole shipping process to me real quick? From breeder to transhipper to me? I just am curious as this is my very first time having a fish shipped! I just contacted the transhipper about my betta, she has a scheduled shipping on the 20th, but I'm unclear if my betta has been shipped or not (I haven't heard from my transhipper yet). I told the breeder which transhipper I would like to use... how will the transhipper know which betta is mine? And when am I suppose to pay the transhipper? What role does the transhipper have exactly? Do they make sure the fish are packed correctly? Do they repack them? What if my little guy misses the shipment? How long will he be waiting at the transhipper? O.O Ugh, so many questions, lol.

I feel like such a noob... >.>

Last edited by denaliwind; 03-15-2011 at 01:20 PM.
denaliwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #22 
Tujin

Shipping is fairly painless (unless you miss the maioman like I did!) Basically your breeder will send your fish to a transshipper. The transshipper picks a big shipment up from multiple breeders, and gets them through customs and everything. Then the transshipper has to get them out of the inter ational shipping containers, and get them in their own boxes to send to the individual customers. My breeder put a label on the bag with my name and contact info so that's how the shipper knows which baby is yours.

Cliff notes: the transshipper picks the fish up from customs, clears them, and boxes them up for individual shipping. If you're paid up, the fish could leave the transshipper either the same day or within a day or two.
Tujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #23 
Tujin

Oh, and if your fish misses the shipment, it will stay at the breeders until the next one.
Tujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #24 
denaliwind

Ah thank you very much! So then, the date March 20th that I see next to the transhippers name is not when she sends out, but rather when the breeder will send to her?
Old 03-20-2011, 10:13 AM   #25 
denaliwind

More Shipping Questions!

About how long does it take for the bettas to get shipped from the breeder in Thailand to the transhipper in the states? Will I hear from my transhipper when he arrives?

Ducks one step closer! :O
Old 03-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #26 
JackisLost

I always wanted to order a plakat betta, but it seems really daunting to me right now
JackisLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #27 
BlakbirdxGyarados

cannot waaait for my new Halfmoon... he IS my Dream Betta! As soon as I saw him, I was like "OMG BID BID BID" and I won. =D

Here are the pictures I have of him:

I have no idea what to call him.... I want to name him something to do with ghosts 'cause of his transparent-ness (lol, me and my made-up words). :D
This tank sitting behind my laptop in front of me... it's actually glaring at me.... It needs a space-filler, lol

And my granparents are going to kill me for getting another betta. xD
But as long as I take care of him. :D <3
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:37 PM   #28 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Did I kill this post? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliwind View Post
More Shipping Questions!

About how long does it take for the bettas to get shipped from the breeder in Thailand to the transhipper in the states? Will I hear from my transhipper when he arrives?

Ducks one step closer! :O
And I also have this same question by Denaliwind >> Mine ships to the States on the 27th...
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote