Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2011, 07:52 AM   #41 
Deadpool

Has anyone tried the 6 gallon eclipse? Because I know they used to make one. They have one at this local pet store near by me for 90 dollars which is a bit steep. I really don't want to spend all that money if its not as great as my current tank.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #42 
YoshesMom

well the tank is doing great this morning ( and ya I think i was sniffing the windex hehe ) cant wait to go to petco and find a new betta to put in there
YoshesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #43 
Thunderloon

hrm, pop the joke baloon

Actually; ammonia and ethanol are fine for aquarium cleaning, even with some salt added in really hot water.

Rinse very well.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:19 PM   #44 
Thunderloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
Has anyone tried the 6 gallon eclipse? Because I know they used to make one. They have one at this local pet store near by me for 90 dollars which is a bit steep. I really don't want to spend all that money if its not as great as my current tank.
They're not worth 90 bucks. The six gallon uses a different filter arrangement than the 2 to 5 gallon systems and I just don't trust LAARGE acrylic tanks with such thin walls.

The current 5gal eclipse hexagon has become a very reliable tank for display fish (low count under inch limit) and has quite a bit of thought put into the lid and light-box. The fluorescent 7.5w shipped with the 5 gal are kinda bright, I put a 5w Coralight and have a happy Goat.

The six gal has a 75gph filter .iirc, it deploys flow forward from the right side and is not suitable for betta-keeping without a special modification of the filter system. You can't simply back-up the output on it. The 2-5 use a little 35gph bio-wheel filter which is easy to maintain.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #45 
Deadpool

Is it possible to just not use their filter, and use your own on the six gallon?
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote