Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2011, 03:01 PM   #1 
Littlebittyfish

DIY divider question

Is there anyway to secure the top part of a DIY divider without using sealant?
I Want to divide my 5 gallon for my 2 bettas, but I don't want it to be a permanent thing because I plan to move them up to a bigger tank or get another 5 gallon eventually. (probably not till summer unfortunately)
Any tips?
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:30 PM   #2 
1fish2fish

Not really unfortunately. However if you just put a tiny dot of silicon at the top of each end you could scrape that off with a razor blade easily and never be able to tell it was glued.

I have a 10 gallon that was divided that I undivided and you would never know the glue was there.. all you have to do is take some rubbing alcohol and a razor blade and it scrapes right off.
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #3 
Thunderloon

I've used large "binder clips" with a section cut out of one side put down over the plastic rim but this blocks the lid even tho it is VERY secure.

IIRC you can push metal sewing pins up the inside wall of the glass into little ribbed indentations in the rim on the inside of the plastic top rim. Be careful not to puncture yourself or put too much stress on but I figure if you aim them just right you can probably push them through the divider up at an angle from each side like driving nails in studs.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote