Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2011, 11:36 PM   #11 
KayDowson

thanks guys and yeah i have all of my haeaters set for 79-80 during the day then they drop to the 72-73 range at 9 unitl 8. and i think im just gonna wait a while then and keep asking you guys till im 100% sure of what I'm doing. Thanks so much.
KayDowson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #12 
monroe0704

Quote:
Females will release their eggs if their ready to spawn but don't have any partner.
I should get to bed cuz I KNEW this lol. *face palm* well at least the site I referenced is helpful! :)
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #13 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDowson View Post
thanks guys and yeah i have all of my haeaters set for 79-80 during the day then they drop to the 72-73 range at 9 unitl 8. and i think im just gonna wait a while then and keep asking you guys till im 100% sure of what I'm doing. Thanks so much.
This seems bad. The temp shouldn't drop at all, especially not that low. It should never go below 76 degrees.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #14 
1fish2fish

Good job for deciding to do your research. Breeding bettas is NOT easy and if your breeding solely to sell you have an even harder road because
1. long fin males can take up to 6 months to fully mature and look "nice", this is especially true for male VT.
2. most stores do not want stunted fish (which is usually what happens in your first few spawns)

Also remember the amount the petstore is going to give you for your fish probably won't even cover the costs of breeding, not to mention the time involved.

I also agree with your temperature situation. Your temps should remain at a stable 77-80* all the time. For spawning you really should have the temperature at around 82-84* IMO. Constant temperature fluctuations can adversely affect the health of your fish (which in turn can affect they're spawning abilities).
1fish2fish is offline   Reply With Quote