Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #11 
Bettaluver4evr

Argh, what a neat, enormous tank! :D And awww, the girl is adorable, she looks oh so tiny in a big tank like that. :D So cute! Cool decor. I'm afraid to try my luck at live plants too!
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:26 PM   #12 
roypattonphoto

Yah I've been looking at possibly chaning the tall plants out for the tall fern style plants and or maybe dropping a few lilly bulb seeds between the skulls.. my only fear is of making the girls sick and or cause a bioload issue with the filter..

Today I'm gonna start the clean out of the 5 gal, and get ready to get new gravel and prepare it for a male.. still don't know what type of male I really want.. prob a HalfMoon...

Was looking at aquabidders however I'm uncertain of shipping fish..kinda seems fail to me lol..

Another random questions for guys with lighted tanks.. do u leave your lights on 24/7 or do u cycle it ? Like leave it on during day and when u go to bed turn it off? Will it hut th girls to leave them on?

Also I was at my local walmart saw something called a GravelVac that attaches to the sink to make draining and gravel cleaning easy... anyone use this and can recomend it?
roypattonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #13 
Bettaluver4evr

In answer to your light question, if it gets hot don't leave it on very long. If it doesn't get hot, you can leave it on during the day, but you should turn it off at night so the fish have their normal day/night cycle.
I don't know much about gravel vacs, but it sounds cool!
Good luck with your bettas, can't wait to see your new male!
Old 03-23-2011, 02:05 AM   #14 
roypattonphoto

got my male tonight, wasnt planing on it , but when i saw him and the color combo, i had to grab it... its a Halfmoon Doubletail Betta ... he has got a wow factor to him... mom suggested to putting him in the tank with the 4 sisters temp.. i looked and laughed and asked her where she was goin to put all the "extra" supprises that would come out of that...

just finish putting the 5gal back together, letting the temp settle down before he goes in , that little cup Petco has him in, the water is soo darn cold i dont see how he is still alive... ive got it sitting on a heating blanket trying to warm him up a bit..
Old 03-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #15 
Bettaluver4evr

Argh, HMDBT!!! That's my dream betta! LOL. Awesome! Pics soon of him please! And wow, he'll be blissful in a 5 gallon! :) I have my 3 male bettas in jars and small tanks 1-1.5 gallons, and they are really happy! They build bubblenests and are always active... bet your guy will be in betta heaven!
OH, I know!!! Petco is always freezing! The poor fish really have to tough it out. It's nice that he's getting warmed up! Too cool. :D
Old 03-25-2011, 01:34 AM   #16 
roypattonphoto

as promised here is a shot of my Marineland 5g hex, sorry its a crappy cell pic, but its to late and im to tired to break out my large heavy camera to shoot the fish right now...

Old 03-25-2011, 11:42 AM   #17 
Bettaluver4evr

Wow, that looks really nice! Super pretty and cute, loads of color. Good job!