Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-25-2011, 09:25 PM   #21 
grinsinthedark

PewPewPew: If you weren't so adamant on having the last word, then this subject would have been over. I know how to handle myself online, but I try not to rude for the hell of it, especially when someone isn't deliberately being rude to me. However, I do return the quantity of respect when it's given. So if I get none, then I give none back. I find you are being very immature and disrespectful by continuing this, that is the only fish that has ever died. My betta fish are happy and healthy. Please don't be ignorant and assume what you don't know about me or my fish. I do not care how much you like turtle10. If you no longer enjoy this conversation, then stop typing in it. You are doing nothing but drawing it out. So please don't be a troll, PewPewPew.

Tisia: I never said I didn't read. I read as much as the internet offered on betta care, and I learned as much as I can about bettas through raising them from experience. My bettas are happy, and now I want to learn breeding. This is where I am now. Betta fish may die, eggs may die, nothing is ever perfect on the first round. I mastered the egg laying, but I am trying to get the male bettas to actually take care of their eggs. That is where I am now. If they manage to do that, then I will move on from there.

There is no reason to talk about fry care because I haven't asked any questions about fry or how to take care of fry. That was random and irrelevant of turtle10 to bring into this thread. If I need help with fry care, then I will ask. Right now, I don't need Betta Bible Thumpers being on me because they think I don't know what I'm doing when there hasn't been a fry situation yet.

PewPewPew: I doubt your quote has anything to deal with me since I never asked a betta fry question. I warn you again Pew, if you continue to troll me and this thread, I will report you to a moderator.

Last edited by grinsinthedark; 03-25-2011 at 09:28 PM.
grinsinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #22 
Luimeril

dude, chill out. they're trying to help you out, but are just making sure you're prepared for the fry and stuff! no need to get so rude at them. they're VERY helpful people, you just gotta listen to what they say. don't be rude to them, or they'll be rude right back. no one's trolling you at all, so just chill out. :/

as for your male, he may just be too aggressive to breed. it's common in bettas, for either gender to be too aggressive. all you can do, is try out what was suggested here, and if he still proves to be too aggressive, he's not a breedable betta.

also, i wouldn't take advice from Petco employees. not all of them are that knowledgeable about betta care nor breeding.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #23 
PewPewPew

Dude, Im not trolling you at all. Trust me, this is not me trolling. I was, like the others, trying to help you out.

But...Because you think Im immature already..

Come at me, bro!

And Im not sure what your last directed quote at me is about. The monroe thing? How is that trolling? I was offering you people's usernames that might be able to answer questions if you have them. My bad, d00d. Just was trying to give you resources you might not have had considering you're a new member. You wouldnt know they're breeders otherwise. S0rry br0ski!

Also, if you're so ready to go to the mods, please be warned that the multiple curses you've inserted into various comments are specifically against forum rules and can be considered as a reason to remove you from the site if a member feels it needs to be shown to a mod. We have young members here and it is very important that our language is clean in order to protect them.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:41 PM   #24 
grinsinthedark

Luimeril: If that was true Luimeril, then I doubt the conversation would have come this far. I accepted and appreciated the advice before turtle10's last remark. Also, to prove another point about "assumed information that doesn't exist," I said I had got the advice from PetSmart not Petco. I had also read "online" as was suggested of me that betta babies WILL eat Hikari and some LOVE eating it. That is the only reason I was going to try it out. If they don't like it as was said, then they don't like it.

If I ever get to the hatch stage, then I'll get some lettuce and brew some infusoria and make a makeshift hatchery for the brine shrimp for next time. If I have any questions or issues with fry, then I will be sure to ask, but that was not what I asked.

PewPewPew: Curses? I felt that I have been very clean with how I was writing. In fact, there isn't a "curse" in anything I said at all. There is, however, southern metaphor, but if that's not aloud, then I shall be cleaner with my speech and not use any metaphors. I'll even use heck, but I don't need your advice PewPewPew. You haven't done anything to make me desire it. You might be a nice person but you haven't proved it. I was cool with you at first, but you ruined it. First impression gone. So if you want this issue to end, then let it go. I don't want your help. Is that clear enough because I can't make it any clearer. I have already received advice on the problem that had been before, and that was all I was looking for. This doesn't need to continue. If I have anymore questions I'll ask.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #25 
Tisia

he brought up taking care of fry because it's something you should know before you ever get to that point. otherwise you're just going to end up killing possibly hundreds of them for no purpose.
and I don't understand why you'd take the advice of a pet store employee that may have never even owned a betta, over people who have owned and been breeding them for years
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #26 
Luimeril

my HMPK dragon girl was hesitant to eat the new Life Spectrum Grow pellets i fed her, and she was a month old when i got her. she survived the first few days with me by nibbling those(i had to crush them, she was so tiny, and the pellets are like sand. THAT is why they say they may not eat the Hikari ones), and the infusoria from her Java Moss. i used a picnic tea pitcher with a spout on the bottom, like in this pic, to hatch my BBS:
http://image.shutterstock.com/displa...x-12061573.jpg

it's not hard, nor expensive to hatch them. you don't need a fancy hatcher, either.

oops. x_X sorry for getting the store name wrong.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #27 
PewPewPew

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinsinthedark View Post
Luimeril: If that was true Luimeril, then I doubt the conversation would have come this far. I accepted and appreciated the advice before turtle10's last remark. Also, to prove another point about "assumed information that doesn't exist," I said I had got the advice from PetSmart not Petco. I had also read "online" as was suggested of me that betta babies WILL eat Hikari and some LOVE eating it. That is the only reason I was going to try it out. If they don't like it as was said, then they don't like it.

If I ever get to the hatch stage, then I'll get some lettuce and brew some infusoria and make a makeshift hatchery for the brine shrimp for next time. If I have any questions or issues with fry, then I will be sure to ask, but that was not what I asked.

PewPewPew: Curses? I felt that I have been very clean with how I was writing. In fact, there isn't a "curse" in anything I said at all. There is, however, southern metaphor, but if that's not aloud, then I shall be cleaner with my speech and not use any metaphors. I'll even use heck, but I don't need your advice PewPewPew. You haven't done anything to make me desire it. You might be a nice person but you haven't proved it. I was cool with you at first, but you ruined it. First impression gone. So if you want this issue to end, then let it go. I don't want your help. Is that clear enough because I can't make it any clearer. I have already received advice on the problem that had been before, and that was all I was looking for. This doesn't need to continue. If I have anymore questions I'll ask.
Words like "hell", etc. are not to be used on the forum, so I guess not. I don't know what you mean by "southern metaphor", but I'll take your word for it.

And yeah, I am a nice gal. I'm super nice, in fact. Just look at my niceness. Im wonderful. And my advice is often quite sound; I am not a breeder but I have not offered you any breeding specific advice. I do know how to take care of fish, many plants and cure a number of diseases. Im a pretty cool dude. And I have a horse.
And again, you're on a forum, you put out information. People are going to give you more advice than you asked. We had another member who did just what you did, whined, and they got nothing from it. People will continue to post on this until you cease posting, I promise you this. I know this because Ive seen it many times. Want it over? Then you stop. They'll stop. I'll stop. It'll be a stopfest of stop in the best way.

I'll let this die when it needs to die. Im not going to leave because you told me to. Boooo. You've perked my interest, I like it. Me gustaaaa <3

And the reason I wanted it to end was for your sake, so that (this) wouldnt happen. So that you wouldnt have to defend yourself. So that this would all end for you and you could be on your way.

AND LOL. OH NOES WE GOT PETSMART AND PETCO CONFUSED NOOO.

People do read, but this is trivial.

And hey dude. You need my advice on that stuff if you wish to stay on the site. You apparently dont know the site rules, so s000rry br0ski for helping you out and whatnot.

Cheers
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #28 
grinsinthedark

Tisia: Because I have taken the advice of online websites before about what they thought was the proper size tank for a betta fish to live in, and I have seen my betta fish (my current ones) not even enjoy a 10 gal tank. I placed them in a smaller 2 gal, and they love it. It's different for one of my females, who actually explores the tank but there you go. That is why I'm willing to experiment with things that are often bashed because it depends on the personalities of the fish and what they like. They are picky and selective fish when it comes to food and also their space. I have every right to try different things. I have always been that kind of person. Example: If I think a movie is good despite its reviews, then I will go to the movie and find out. If it was good, then I thought it was good and that is all that matters. If it was bad, then the critics were right. But I can personally say it is bad because I've seen it. The same thing is going to happen with breeding bettas. It is how you develop experience.

Luimeril: Well, I only saw the hatcher that was made from a water bottle. They cut a hole in the top for the sponge filter, and then put the brine shrimp eggs in the hole they had cut in the bottom of it (bottle was inverted). With the air pump on, they just hatch a bunch of shrimp. My sister who was into raising mollies would put the brine shrimp eggs in a simple glass of water and they would hatch no problem. "By reading online," I thought the air pump was necessary. If it's not, then I won't make a makeshift betta hatchery.

PewPewPew: Ignored.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:00 PM   #29 
monroe0704

So since I just got some advice today about it, I'll address the issue of the male caring for the eggs. My male ate the whole nest overnight. His breeder hasn't had an egg eater ever so she suggested that since it was their first spawn, the eggs might not have been fertilized. So the male helped himself... Maybe this was the case w your males? The topic has gotten way off though so I'm not sure what you're looking for lol. I was assured that the next time I breed the same pair, they'll be much better at embracing and therefore produce fertilized eggs.
monroe0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #30 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinsinthedark View Post
PewPewPew: Ignored.
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote