Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 PM   #111 
hannah16

Thank you both. My dad is pretty great to me and my love of animals. For example, he doesn't just turn my heaters on constantly (I found a solution!), he also takes care of my pregnant dog and my boy dog whom are tiny lil things and need special care. (He's also like.. inlove with my pregnant girl XD The list is Mom, Me, Laza. XDD)

My mom has freaked out since I got my fish, I've been asking for her help so I can set up my 10g correctly and do water changes right (I did research so, didn't need that from her) and she's just like "Eh.. I'll look later.." Lets just say, the basement has now become her least favorite part of the house.. But since Gen & Sadly Mango have passed and she saw how upset I was she's agreed to help me.

Oh here is something that'll either worry you, or make you laugh at her ignorance. She told me, I don't change ANY water in my 1/2g, 1g, and 2.5g tank except for once or twice a MONTH. Can you believe that XD?! I laughed my tail off...
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:32 AM   #112 
Fins

You're a lucky betta owner. I don't receive any help from my parents when it comes to buying supplies for my animals besides food. The reason is because I already own 6 cats, 1 horse, and 1 betta. The 3 dogs belong to my parents and brother. I can't wait to see some pictures.
Fins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #113 
hannah16

Thanks Fins. I wish my Mom was more supportive, but she isn't.

How cool you have a horse too!! Probably why she thinks we don't need more animals XD
Old 03-25-2011, 04:43 PM   #114 
Fins

Lol, that would probably be the reason why she refuses to pay for anything besides the food bill for all of my animals. Today is a horrible day for me because I realized that my favorite kitten is missing. She could've gone out the door when we were getting our Shwans shippment. I came home in the mood to cry, but when I saw my betta dancing it made me cheer up. My kitten is probably going to be alright since her dad was the son of a purebred barn cat. She has the blood to survive in the wild. I can't believe how my betta started dancing though. I don't really know why or how she did it, but she was dancing around as if she was trying to cheer me up. Maybe she's just trying to thank me for getting her out of that tiny cup. She has very visible stress stripes, but they're going away so maybe she's trying to thank me for that as well. I'll never know until I can read the mind of a betta. However, we should probably go back on topic.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:41 PM   #115 
hannah16

Aw, poor kitten.. I'm sure she'll be okay.

My mom kind of flipped when I came home with more fish today. She's like "NO MORE!!!" but I'm getting more cories & eventually glofish.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:40 PM   #116 
Fins

I had a couple of Glofish before getting a betta. They're really active fish and they're really fast. A great fish to have if you want to bring color to your room.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #117 
hannah16

I just love how neon they are. Can Glofish and guppies live together? If so, then I'll just get a 5g and have a few gups and a few glos.