Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #1 
Arowan

New Betta-Domino *picspam*

Last week I came back to my room to find that my Betta, Hyperion, had died suddenly. From the way his body was stuck at the bottom, it seems he had gotten caught on one of my pieces of cholla wood; it wasn't swim bladder, he had been perfectly healthy just a few hours earlier, and the body floated once I got it out from the bottom.

So, before I even thought about getting another betta, I made an effort to rearrange the cholla pieces so that no future betta will get caught. (Dunno why/how it happened, I'd had that particular arrangement for many months. Water parameters were all good.) So far, it seems my efforts have been successful, as my new betta Domino had to test every nook and cranny in the first few hours he spent in the tank.

I've always wanted a marble betta, because I think it's cool how they keep changing colors. Went to the Petco, and there were /tons/ of marbles. I finally decided on this guy, though, because not only was he a double tail (which I think has become my favorite of the tail types) but because I had never seen such a unique color combination before--He is black and white. Or maybe black, white, and cellophane? He also has a lovely copper-ish iridescence on his fins, but my roommate's flash isn't working on her camera, so I couldn't really capture it.

He's rather a shy fish, or so I thought (he wouldn't eat the first 4 days, because my hand dropping food in was too intimidating apparently), till I brought the camera out. Turns out, he's quite the ham. He'd hold these wonderful poses for me, so I could easily take pictures.

My favorite of the photos is when he's staring at himself in the glass ball. Cute. Haven't really seen him flare yet, other than at his reflection, so... But he's just built a bubble nest, and seems pretty happy. Pardon about the slight algae problem in my tank--it never seems to go away up here. I blame high mineral content in my water.

*types a lot*
Attached Images

Last edited by Arowan; 03-26-2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Removing blurry photo.
Arowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 03:56 PM   #2 
vaygirl

He's beautiful. And he has a great name. :D
vaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:08 PM   #3 
PitGurl

He's beautiful. Quick question, does he have a hole in his body by his tail? It looks like he does in the 4th photo.
PitGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 04:12 PM   #4 
doggyhog

What a nice lookin' boy!!!

My petco always has black and white DBT's. I guess the breeder that supplies them likes marbles. :) (not complaining here!)
doggyhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #5 
FireKidomaru

Wow! He's amazing! I love his color!
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:11 PM   #6 
Pekemom

Amazing betta and the pics are really fantastic!! I love the one where he's looking at the camera straight on...Lots of good luck with him! LOVE his lacy fins...
Pekemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:38 AM   #7 
Arowan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitGurl View Post
He's beautiful. Quick question, does he have a hole in his body by his tail? It looks like he does in the 4th photo.
It's not a hole, but one of his most transparent parts on his body. That's the reason I don't think he's truly a white betta, but more of a cellophane.
Arowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:26 AM   #8 
LolaQuigs

He's gorgeous!
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote