Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #51 
LucyLoofa

Uhoh. :( It's slow erosion. I know I have hard water here! I get calcium buildup like noone's business in every sink, tub, and toilet! I clean rigorously once a week to keep it at bay. (sometimes more! Like over break when it got really bad!)
At least I'm catching it early. :p I have noticed the full grown snails clinging to one another. Perhaps they're trying to get tissues from the small holes. I'll add some chalk asap after I test the water and see if it improves things until I can get crushed coral.
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #52 
wallywestisthebest333

Yeah I know! That water is liquid rock! D: I have no idea why their shells are eroding. Good luck with them! =]
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 AM   #53 
Oldfishlady

If you already have hard water I would not add anything to your water for the snail...the minerals already in your water should be enough....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #54 
wallywestisthebest333

This might be hi-jacking but seeing as I'll have a lot of plants and will probably give half of them to my sister I thought I'd post about it here as opposed to starting a new thread about it. :P

I JUST BOUGHT MY PLANTS!!!!!!!!!!! :D I got them from probably the best place online (cheaper than plantedaquariumscentral actually! :D) www.sweetaquatics.com ! =] I've had pretty decent communication with them (usually takes them a day to two days to respond to e-mails) and their prices are unbeatable. everything I'm about to post cost me altogether only $21.55! :D

1 x Lloydiella, Golden (Lysimachia Nummularia var. Aurea) = $1.35
1 x Java Fern (Microsorium Pteropus) = $2.50
5 x Sagittaria Subulata (Dwarf) = $3.00
1 x Ludwigia Natans (Ludwigia Repens) = $1.35
1 x Micromeria brownei (Creeping Charlie) = $1.50
1 x Bacopa Monnieri = $1.35
2 x Cryptocoryne Wendtii Green = $2.40
2 x Cryptocoryne Wendtii Red = $2.40
1 x Echinodorus Ozelot SM = $1.95
1 x Water Wisteria (Hygrophila Difformis) = $1.50
1 x Ceratopteris Thalictroides ( Water Sprite ) = $2.25

AWESOME RIGHT? :D Each stem plant is 6-8 stems per order and they're about 8 1/2 to 12 inches tall! <3
I'm really excited about it! =]

Tell me what you guys think! =] I should have my plants by Saturday or Wednesday probably! =]

Oh! And the shipping was only $7.70! =]

I know I splurged but I have a bunch of money just siting in my paypal and it's burning a hole in my virtual pocket! D:

This is spam but:
On a side note I think my environmental group may be mad at me. :[ They walked right past me, looked straight at me, and then ignored me when I said hi..... I don't know if I wanna go in now... :'[
wallywestisthebest333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #55 
LucyLoofa

Update. Plants are here.

Sorry. I had lost this thread and just now thought to look under my "Statistics" to find it. DERP
Anyways, I've ordered butt loads of plants, but they all got shipped in simultaneously on Friday in the afternoon. I have classes on Friday and the campus post office closes at 5:00.
Unfortunately what I didn't know is that they're also closed on the weekends.
Any idea if my plants will be okay?

P.S. Re tested my degased water from tap and with conditioner and both were too soft.
Been supplementing for the snails and they're doing better. I got a bunch of free pond snails, ramshorns, and mts from petsmart and the mts are multiplying!
A really really huge ramshorn died the other day though. I kind of expected him to because he was the only snail in the bunch that had a brown tissue color and not a healthy looking pink. Plus he'd been alive the longest and had been eating the baby snails back when the water wasn't hard enough. I kind of wanted him gone anyways.
Frogbit is thriving and I've got my 3 gallon resealed (I cracked it while I was cleaning it. I dropped it) and ready to reseal my 10 gallon.
Depending on how many plants I've got in this shipment and if they're doing well I'll either start the walstad in the 5 gallon or the 10 gallon.

Hey Wally, not to be rude, promise! Could you start your own thread with updates on your plants etc? It's really clogging this one up.
I'll be sure to read yours too and give any advice I can! (which won't be much lol! but i'll try)

Last edited by LucyLoofa; 03-27-2011 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Added Title
LucyLoofa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 gallon, betta, betta fish, planted tank, walstad