Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #1 
windfire

Question fin growing questions

hey there guys so i noticed the other day that Apsolem tail seems to be having small tears at the edges and i was wondering if this is normal in a growing tail? i figure apsolem is still quite young as his tail was'nt very long even in a Delta male. his tank has no current at all so i dont think thats whats causing it. by the by he's learnt to jump for his food, its his party trick lol
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #2 
Irish Dancing Man

Pictures?? he might have ich and hes scraping against stones and decorations or something.
Irish Dancing Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #3 
scootshoot

Fins naturally heal on their own. Sometimes their fins snag on an ornament. On occasion they will take a bite out of their fin. One time I had dropped a pellet in my male betta's 5 gallon, he swam past it and caught it on the corner of his eye and had to do a complete 180 degrees to eat it. However, due to his long fins, his rear tail was still by his head when he made this maneuver....he lunged at the pellet and caught a small piece of his tail at the same time.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 AM   #4 
windfire

actually i had a real good look at them yesterday and i noticed that he has rays coming out of his ventral so now i'm wondering if these are not just rays forming. he could be a delta crowntail cross..... he doesnt rub up agaisnt things so i doubt its ich and theres no sign of fungi and that was the first thing i checked. as i feed 1 flake at a time and drop it right in front or he jumps for it i dont think he's bitten himself. thanks for the suggestions though guys. we had an uneventful trip back to my folks house last friday and he seems ok if a lil depro coshe's not next to my bed here.
windfire is offline   Reply With Quote