Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #1 
peachesxo

So glad I got those girls out.

First thread (I'm so angry) was removed from the forum, totally understandable, I was going insane yesterday and posted a phone number which I shouldn't have done.

BUT ANYWAYS

I am SO GLAD I got those 3 females out of that death-trap of a tank my friend had! For those of you who aren't familliar with yesterdays freak out, he had 3 females thrown in with a mix of frogs, newts, lobsters, angels, tetras, neons, black-stripes, algae eaters, and a bunch of other RANDOM fish. I yelled at him for an hour so so until he finally caved and surrendered them to me and I went out and got them 3 seperate homes..

I learned this morning that he woke up to find one of his fish torn to pieces by the others.

So glad I got those 3 out of there in time, he had only had them in the tank for an hour or so before I flipped out and made him take them out and give them to me, who knows what would have happened if they had been left over night
peachesxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

That's awful, about his fish! I wish he'd listened better. Yeah, I figured that other thread would have been removed. But I'm really glad you saved those girls! I'm not sure they would have survived. I love their names, just saw your sig. :)
How are they doing today? Less stressy, more active, sick, scared? Sorry, I'm just concerned about them. :)
Bettaluver4evr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #3 
LolaQuigs

Glad you rescued the girls. It's so sad his other fish and amphibians have to suffer such an inappropriate environment.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #4 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettaluver4evr View Post
That's awful, about his fish! I wish he'd listened better. Yeah, I figured that other thread would have been removed. But I'm really glad you saved those girls! I'm not sure they would have survived. I love their names, just saw your sig. :)
How are they doing today? Less stressy, more active, sick, scared? Sorry, I'm just concerned about them. :)
They seem to be doing okay, they were moved from the fish store, into his tank, and then to mine all in the same day so they have been through some shock I am sure. They aren't nearly as active as my boys, that's for sure, I am worried they all may have a little bit of fin rot, or at least one of them might, but I am going to observe them and make sure it's not just their coloring before I start treatment (have everything for it if that is the case, though) Seems like a few have may gotten their tails a bit nipped while they were in there as well.

One of the girls (Ariadne) does seem to have a white/creamish colored spot by her head, I am not sure if it is a fungus or an injury or just her coloring though.. She is also much much bigger than the other two, I am not even %100 she is female honestly, if any of them have fin rot it is her, so she could just be a plakat male in disguise... I guess we will see.

They are all a little shy, but they all ate breakfast fine this morning (pellets) which was good, since only one of them ate their pellet last night, and they all seem to be coloring up. They all looked kind of brown when I first got them and since Rosalind has turned a kind of translucent purple with stripes, Lilith is redish/orange, and Ariadne is blue-ish with stripes.

I'll be watching them closely.
At work right now though
Old 03-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #5 
peachesxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlakatFighter View Post
Dammit I missed that thread..... so you posted your phone number? PM me your number? Hehehe, j/k.

You know those 3 females could probably live together in a tank, though I heard it's not wise to only put 3 together as the submissive one usually gets picked on by the other 2.
Haha, no, I posted the guy with the death tanks number! lol

And i would not risk a 3-fish sorority... nope nope.
Mostly with how docile and small two of them are compared to the other.
Ariadne is 2-3 times the size of the other two.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM   #6 
iheartmybettas

I was like on page 3 when it got pulled. I was so disappointed! I had 2 pages to go. Lol!

Glad all the girls are safe but it sucks that your friend had to find out the way he did that pet store people don't know what they are talking about 90% of the time. My husband and I did the same thing when we first started community tanks. There is a delicate balance and sometimes it works while other times not. Community tanks are plain stressful in my opinion.
iheartmybettas is offline   Reply With Quote