Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #1 
Torat

Sigmund Let Me Tape Him!

AAAH!

I have to share this, because I'm super-duper excited!

I have been literally trying to tape Sigmund making one of his nests (he builds me a new one EVERY night) since I got him months ago. He refuses to build one during the day, only at night when all the lights in the apartment are off but his little tank light. He only does it in the one corner, and ONLY if the little barrister is blowin' the water evenly on both sides. And when I come to watch, he stops building his little nest and comes to say hello, do his little dance, flare at me, swim away. He's like a killdeer daddy - he goes to the opposite side of his little tank, and dances there, like, "Don't look there, look here - I wasn't doin' anything!"

But last night, he let me watch him build a nest! I was SOOOO EXCITED. My mom doesn't quite get it, so I've been trying to get photos or something of his little bubblenesting habits. I caught it. I am so super-thrilled!

Anyway, I did tank cleaning two days ago, and usually he seems to wait until two days after, until all the bubbles on the side of the tank are gone, lol. So this was his first nest since then, and while it's small in this photo, this morning it took up the whole not-touched-by-plants side, and was several layers thick. It was gorgeous :D And of course, by the end of the day it dissipated until there were a few bubbles left (due to the filter), and now I can see him from 20' away building me another one. :D

So here's the video:
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t=f59467fa.mp4

Sorry about him goin' in and outta focus, I was using the video tool on my camera and once you focus you can't focus and refocus, and even if you manually focus it doesn't make a different because the shutter is open :\ I tried, though!

You do see him flare a little bit, and if you view it full-screen you can see his little bubbles. He looks really super-blue in this! What a pretty boy! I'm so proud of him! Just had to share :D :D
Torat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #2 
Bettaluver4evr

Wow, that's so great! :D My HM only built his bubbles up at night when alllll of the lights were off. :) Sigmund is absolutely gorgeous, he's got a full blue mask and everything! B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 AM   #3 
FuulieQ

Oh wow, he's beautiful! And look at him build that nest like a boss! ;)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:24 PM   #4 
Torat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuulieQ View Post
Oh wow, he's beautiful! And look at him build that nest like a boss! ;)
LOL. "Like a Boss." Definitely made me think of "Like a Boss (ft. Seth Rogen)" by The Lonely Island. (Probably not forum appropriate, but you'll find it on Youtube.) I read "Like a Boss" the way he says "Like a Boss." Hahaha. Amused.

But he definitely did, and definitely does!

And thank you, both of you. He's a gorgeous little man <3
Torat is offline   Reply With Quote