Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #21 
LolaQuigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilmarisv View Post
Just a heads up...
the MiniBow's light might break after light using.
Yep, the light in my minibow broke. I've had terrible luck with lights, and luckily it was easy (but not cheap!) to find new hoods for my five and ten gallon tanks, but definitely not the minibow! I replaced the minibow with this, and now I use the minibow as my hospital/qt tank. The Petco tank looks great and has really cool lighting.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:19 AM   #22 
Sikka

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaQuigs View Post
Yep, the light in my minibow broke. I've had terrible luck with lights, and luckily it was easy (but not cheap!) to find new hoods for my five and ten gallon tanks, but definitely not the minibow! I replaced the minibow with this, and now I use the minibow as my hospital/qt tank. The Petco tank looks great and has really cool lighting.
Will keep it in mind and hope for the best. How did you hood break? Did it just stop working or did it actually fall apart?
Sikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:51 AM   #23 
Littlebittyfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikka View Post
So, I went out and bought the Mini Bow 2.5 today. Not only is it quiet, it's SILENT. I'm so excited. :D

Can anyone answer me this: If I add some water from the established tank to the new mini bow, will it be beneficial to the cycling process or should I just start with new water entirely?
I don't believe the water would do much.Beneficial bacteria lives on the surface of gravel and other decorations/filter media in the tank. You might have better luck if you use the gravel from the 10 gallon or the plants. You could even cut a piece of the filter media and fit it in the filter for the 2.5 for a few weeks to get the cycle kick started.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:32 AM   #24 
tokala

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackisLost View Post
i like to piece together my own kit, but it comes at a cost. what is your budget?
Same! I love to customize , but you are right, DEFINITELY comes with a cost. $!
tokala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:46 AM   #25 
LolaQuigs

My light just stopped working altogether.
LolaQuigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:04 PM   #26 
Kittycosmos

I was excited about transferring our fish to the Hawkeye 5 gallon tank from
Wal-Mart, but when it arrived today, it was covered in scratches, including one down the front of the tank that is 2 inches long. Just something to think about when ordering a plastic tank online. Back to square one. *sigh*
Kittycosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #27 
Lion Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycosmos View Post
I was excited about transferring our fish to the Hawkeye 5 gallon tank from
Wal-Mart, but when it arrived today, it was covered in scratches, including one down the front of the tank that is 2 inches long. Just something to think about when ordering a plastic tank online. Back to square one. *sigh*
I'm so sorry to hear that!

All three of mine arrived in perfect condition, so I can't imagine what went wrong with yours.
Lion Mom is offline   Reply With Quote