Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2011, 01:22 AM   #11 
Arashi Takamine

I would wash the tank again and see about putting him in a temp tank just incase. Did you use vinegar when scrubbing it? Dilluted bleach might work as well....
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:47 AM   #12 
baylee767

I haven't washed the tank yet. I can't for another couple of days probably, but I just want to be sure this algae isn't dangerous to Neon.

*Sigh* My excuse to finally redecorate this tank. Well.... I mean to see *smile* lol. But I need a lot of stuff... yet I'll have $50 the 1st to spend. Anyways, do you think he'll be okay for a little while?
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:09 AM   #13 
Arashi Takamine

I think he should be okay for a little while. Keep an eye on him though for awhile. Trust your first instincts is the first and formost important thing. If you feel as if he'll be better off in going in a bowl or vase for a little while then do it.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #14 
baylee767

OOH YAY! For the first time in his 10 gallon tank Neon has made a big bubblenest (used to do it all the time in his smaller tank) Maybe he's happy that he can see outside and has clean water again? He certainly doesn't appear sick.

Course I'll soon be redoing his tank completely and I'll have to wait another couple of months for him to be comfortable with his tank for bubblenests....

Funny thing is, when I walked over he was sitting in a corner blowing bubbles and he stopped instantly. Then he sat under the nest, glancing from the bubles to me until I walked away as if to say "Okay, do you mind? Let me blow in peace." Lol.

EDIT: I caught him! I was laying at the far end of my bed fr about 10 minutes before I glanced up and saw Neon carefully gulping air in an open spot and slowely putting bubbles in the nest. For some reason it looks so funny...

Last edited by baylee767; 03-30-2011 at 02:06 PM.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote