Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2011, 10:41 AM   #11 
CrowntailxKing

*in other words, they don't
CrowntailxKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:58 AM   #12 
Cassandra90

I hope it gets banned too. It's one of those things like it may be cute but it is an unrealistic enviroment for any animal to live. I hope most of the buyers take the animal out and have a more suitable habbitat for it.
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:07 AM   #13 
Cassandra90

Here is another one. It is from 2008 so it is old. Probably banned now.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2053...say-RSPCA.html
Old 03-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #14 
Vocaloid

If it was possible I'd buy all of those fish and turtles just to free them into their natural environment. That wouldn't be a great idea either due to the fact that they'd probably use all the money to buy more fish to put inside those horrible containers. I support the ban of these trinkets 100%.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 12:04 PM   #15 
Cassandra90

Oh I know. I am sorry PlakatFighter if you took offense, but in todays society it is sad to see how so many things go famous for everyone liking the item or buying it. (Maybe I should of made a more general statement.) For example the tiny dog craze, every one wants a tiny dog to carry around and dress. People need to go back and think were the roots of things are
Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 PM   #16 
Cassandra90

Lol thanks. I was like ah shoot I got some one upset, what am I going to say to fix it for others not to think of my a racist person.

Thanks for giving me a heartattack.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:03 PM   #17 
Luimeril

i saw those things yesterday, and signed a petition to get them banned. they're horrid. D: poor things die before the stuff runs out. one person DID buy one, just to rescue the turtle. it's horrid, but pretty common. i mean, in Japan, you can buy Marimo balls in teeny cell phone charms. i guess someone else decided to try turtles and goldfish? ;A:
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:41 PM   #18 
JKfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra90 View Post
No offense to the Chinese/other Asain countries (my boyfriend is Japanese, born and raised). But I notice the people get obssessed with stuff very easily and I hope this does not happen with these.
No offense is taken, and I know you didn't mean to be racist or offensive by saying this, but it's good to keep in mind that that pretty much anything that says "No offense meant" or "not to be racist" will tend to offend or be racist. Next time, don't just take one specific group or race and say "they do this, they do that", because there is an equal chance that anyone of any race will be like that. :)

As for your links, it really is sad, but chances are the vendors are doing what they need to do to make money, even if it isn't morally correct.
JKfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #19 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlakatFighter View Post
Don't worry I didn't really take offense to that, in fact I agree with you... LOL. I kinda chuckle inside when I see these ladies carrying their Louie Vuitton purse that millions of others have..... and say to myself 'what a bunch of sheeps'. But hey, to each their own.
Louis Vuitton purses are actually really well made purses, and for many people a tradition. And you say you see "millions", well most of the ones you see are fake, and you make it sound like you are bunching everyone together that buys designer purses. Did you ever think so many people have them because they might actually be hardy handbags? They last for decades and can be passed down. I happen to have several, and I also happen to not be a sheep.

Sorry to be off-topic, but I had to say something.

Ugh the turtle and fish thing is soo sad :(

It reminds me of in Mexico how they sell those tiny turtles in those little plastic things with the tiny palm tree.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #20 
Arashi Takamine

That's just awful. I hope someone arrests whoever's selling them for abuse.

Those 'charms' make the Aqua-Block look nice.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote