Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2011, 10:08 PM   #11 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlakatFighter View Post
Ummm.... Yeah. You DO know that just because you see the tank head on doesn't mean there's not enough adequate room for the fish, right? The betta has enough room to swim side to side when YOU face the side of the tank. And why are you questioning him on his choices in choosing a betta instead of an aquarium for the gold fish? Isn't it his money? His decision? Sheesh... give it a rest already with all this lecturing and telling people what and what not to do.
Excuse me? Why are you speaking so rudely to me? It is completely uncalled for and I don't appreciate it, I am trying to help a forum member and it doesn't help when you question everything.

What lecturing are you talking about? All I have done today here is give people advice and help them care for their fish. I am sorry if you have a problem with that, but if I see something that needs to be corrected and addressed, I will.

You may like to keep your bettas at 70 degrees and change their one gallon bowl every four days, I don't and I don't believe it is okay of you to do so or to recommend to other forum members to do so as well. Your bettas may live like that but they certainly aren't thriving. I have been trying to be as polite as I can to you but now you are just being nasty. Please stop.


I am questioning them because the set up is completely inappropriate for goldfish.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:18 PM   #12 
Johnificent
Member
 
Johnificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
im sorry about that, i know that my goldfish arent thriving :/ but my parents think im going absolutely berserk with fishys, and me always talking about my goldfish and bettas is just getting on their nerves! they told me to stop doing that, or they wont let me keep my bettas, and you know ive got that betta obsessive diesease :P when im gonna go shopping with my dad for the new tank, if i find something cheap bigger than the 3 gallon for my goldfish, i'll go ahead and tell him to try and get it :P im actually going to many family owned businesses to check the tanks out, so we'll see. and plus, i believe family owned fish stores sell tanks cheaper than petco and petsmart, so i think ill go try and tell him that :)
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:23 PM   #13 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnificent View Post
im sorry about that, i know that my goldfish arent thriving :/ but my parents think im going absolutely berserk with fishys, and me always talking about my goldfish and bettas is just getting on their nerves! they told me to stop doing that, or they wont let me keep my bettas, and you know ive got that betta obsessive diesease :P when im gonna go shopping with my dad for the new tank, if i find something cheap bigger than the 3 gallon for my goldfish, i'll go ahead and tell him to try and get it :P im actually going to many family owned businesses to check the tanks out, so we'll see. and plus, i believe family owned fish stores sell tanks cheaper than petco and petsmart, so i think ill go try and tell him that :)
Wait, I am confusedů if your parents are sick of hearing about the bettas then why do they keeping buying them for you? Why couldn't you get the goldfish tank instead of more bettas? Just wondering..

Also it isn't just that the fish aren't thriving, it is the fact that they are going to get sick and die if left in those conditions. The fish are going to require a very large tank. Is there anyway you can rehome them? With six comets you will need over 100 gallons, they get a foot long.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:25 PM   #14 
Bettaluver4evr
Member
 
Bettaluver4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I know u will be getting a much larger godlfish tank soon, or rehoming them. Johnificent is just in a tough position with his family and fish, but he is doing his best. I cannot wait to see the new girlie! how adorable tiny sounding she is! loves her already.
Bettaluver4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:26 PM   #15 
Johnificent
Member
 
Johnificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
my parents know that i love bettas so much... so they give me bettas :P but i dont like goldfish that much, but yet my parents keep buying them cause they love them so much for some reason...... O_O so... its kind of my parents' responsibility, but they make me take care of them :O rehoming..... hm... if i tell my mother that she's gonna flip :O
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:29 PM   #16 
Johnificent
Member
 
Johnificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
@bettaluver if you want to see my female betta, look for the thread in the betta pictures thread :)
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:32 PM   #17 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnificent View Post
my parents know that i love bettas so much... so they give me bettas :P but i dont like goldfish that much, but yet my parents keep buying them cause they love them so much for some reason...... O_O so... its kind of my parents' responsibility, but they make me take care of them :O rehoming..... hm... if i tell my mother that she's gonna flip :O
If they love them so much, don't they want them to live long and be healthy? Think about it this way, will your mom flip more if the goldfish need to be rehomed or if the goldfish were to die? Because they will die unless they get put into adequate housing.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:33 PM   #18 
Johnificent
Member
 
Johnificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
but.... she thinks im nonsense......... >:( it took me forever just to let my bettas have that minibow! i had to write the persuasive essay, do some begging, get my straight As...... :(
Johnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:35 PM   #19 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlakatFighter View Post
And that was what I was doing, thank you very much, so no need to call me names if you don't like or agree with what I say.... cuz that's uncalled for.
When did I ever call you names?

You may have been trying to "correct me" but whether it is his money/decision/ whatever doesn't matter, what matters is that it is inappropriate housing for goldfish. Period.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:36 PM   #20 
turtle10
Member
 
turtle10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnificent View Post
but.... she thinks im nonsense......... >:( it took me forever just to let my bettas have that minibow! i had to write the persuasive essay, do some begging, get my straight As...... :(
Can you print out some articles on goldfish care? I don't understand why they won't let you care for your fish. Have you told her that they will die?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skinny betta, discolored betta, bloated betta. Drift Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies 6 08-29-2010 12:36 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.