Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #1 
Bettas143

I Think I'm Gonna Do a Sorrority

Well after all my fishies on my 10 gallon tank died at the same time which I think is my fault:(, being sad will not take me no where so I wanted to start a sorority. Idk if I shuld do it but I'm ready for it. I haven't also posted anything new for about a month so yup. Shuld I start a sorority?
Bettas143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 05:00 PM   #2 
sundstrom

Yes, I have a sorority of females and one male halfmOon and I love my girls. They are way more lively than males. My 2 Cambodian CT females are the life of the whole tank. And the girls are more active and fun to watch so yes i definitely recomend a sorority with at least one male preferably kinda laid back. Lol don't want him bein to feisty now. :)
sundstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:37 PM   #3 
Bettas143

I've been thinking about it, I was at petco today and I haven't been there for a like amonth. The cups were dirty but the associate was taking out new cups and was starting to clean them one by one. I looked at the bottom and found 3 females. I found a yellow one which I think is sick but I would love to get her. After that there was a pink one next to her she had a red dot on her head like a koi which was really pretty. Next to them was this blue green female who was really pretty but I think I can only get 2 so I might take the Pink and the Yellow one. I'm gonna put Mable and Lucy with them but I have to think about Mable since she has a spine problem.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:43 PM   #4 
bettafish15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundstrom View Post
Yes, I have a sorority of females and one male halfmOon and I love my girls. They are way more lively than males. My 2 Cambodian CT females are the life of the whole tank. And the girls are more active and fun to watch so yes i definitely recomend a sorority with at least one male preferably kinda laid back. Lol don't want him bein to feisty now. :)
I understand that it apparantly works for you having a male with females, but advising it to others isnt a good idea. ;) Not trying to get all up in your grill or anything, it's just not good to have males with females, ever. :)

Oh, and OP, 3 females wont be enough in a sorority, you should get a couple more :) That way the aggression is spread out. :D
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:04 PM   #5 
Bettas143

Lol I am I have t 2 famales with me already and a spare tank so when I get 3 more feamles I can introduce them all so lucy wont take up everything. She somewhat aggressive, but she's sometimes nice.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:47 PM   #6 
Bettas143

OH MY GOD!!!!! Something Happened to LUCY!!!!!!!! I was looking at the tank and noticed that something was wrong with the filter, I could't find Lucy cause I saw her hiding on the castle-thing. When I lift the part when the filter takes in water I saw her fall off. OMG I'm so mad at myself now. I'm so dumb. I think she broke somethign cuse her whole body is shaped like a letter U. I just want to cry right know. Why can't I do anything9 right. :'(
Old 04-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #7 
Bettas143

Idk What to doooo HELP me PLS. Shuld I make another post?
Old 04-01-2011, 09:20 PM   #8 
fleetfish

Oh no! I was just gonna add that an odd number, 5-7 girls would be the best. This way they can spread the aggression amongst themselves without getting their booties clobbered.

I would take Lucy out and put her in a small shallow container just to moniter her for injuries other than her shape ... I hope she pulls through for you. But it sounds bad. I think you should post in the Emergencies/Disease section.
fleetfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:38 PM   #9 
Bettas143

OK thanks, I already seperated her on a floating cup and gave her food, just a little bit to see if she can get them and she can but not all.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #10 
bettafish15

Definitely post in the diseases section, filling out the sticky at the top of the forum! I hope she's okay!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote