Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-24-2011, 11:55 PM   #11 
pdxBetta

I have a community tank with a shoal of Paracheirodon axelrodi (cardinal tetras), three Corydoras sterbai, a Chromobotia macracanthus (clown loach), and a few others. Next acquisition is planned to be a few Pangio kuhlii (kuhli loach) or a shoal of Hemigrammus rhodostomus (rummynose tetra).

I'm also digging on Corydoras habrosus and Corydoras adolfoi.

I'd encourage everyone to learn the binomial nomenclature of the fish that they keep. It's interesting to learn why they received the name that they did, and it removes any doubt as to what fish you are actually talking about. Interestingly, most African cichlids do not have common names.
pdxBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:05 AM   #12 
Cassandra90

I own a ten gallon that houses a Male halfmoon betta and 3 albino corys.

The other tank I own is a 55 gallon which houses 3 angel fish, 2 kissing fish, 2 opaline gouramis, 1 giant diano, 1 killifish, 4 tiger barbs, 5 emerald green cory cats, 1 pepppered cory cat, 1 rubber lip pelco, some tetras too.

*I know it is over stocked and I know that once my kissing fish get bigger I'll have to rehome them. The tank has been running for over a year now. I would not of mixed this fish but I had a 40 gallon that broke and had to do an emeregency buy of a 55 gallon. But to my suprise I have had to causulties.

I have pictures under the aquarium tab above my avatar.
Cassandra90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 10:34 AM   #13 
ollief9

I have a 6 year old 15 gallon setup with 6 Black Skirt Tetras, and 1 remaining Cherry Rasbora and an Apple Snail.

Tomorrow for my birthday I'm getting a 50 gallon tank which will be a normal tropical community tank.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 12:33 AM   #14 
Pufffreely

3 figure eight puffers, 1 dragon goby, 3 julii corys, 3 otos, 12 neon tetras,5 cardinal tetras, 4 highfin red minor tetras,4 glowlight tetras, one bamboo shrimp, one african dwarf frog, around 50 fancy guppies, not to mention the snails.
Posted via Mobile Device
Pufffreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:29 AM   #15 
Comatose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pufffreely View Post
3 figure eight puffers, 1 dragon goby, 3 julii corys, 3 otos, 12 neon tetras,5 cardinal tetras, 4 highfin red minor tetras,4 glowlight tetras, one bamboo shrimp, one african dwarf frog, around 50 fancy guppies, not to mention the snails.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've always liked figure eight puffers. Do you like them?
Comatose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:51 PM   #16 
Pufffreely

[quote=Comatose;636901]I've always liked figure eight puffers. Do you like them?[/QU i adore my figure eights. I keep 3 in a 75g with a dragon goby. My oldest is 3 years old and greets me with a dance everytime i get near the tank.
Posted via Mobile Device
Pufffreely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:11 PM   #17 
naturegirl243

I have a 29 Gal. fancy goldfish tank with one orange oranda that's still pretty small and one calico veiltail Ryukin who is also small but pudgy lol and that's it for other fish I have to golden mystery snails too one actually lives in the goldfish tank but the ryukin always trys to eat him so I migt take him out until he gets a little bigger.
naturegirl243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #18 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Well, besides the bettas I have listed in my signature...

I have (in order of size [biggest to smallest]):

-Pearl Gourami (SilverSand)
-Comet(?) Goldfish (Sarge, Birdo "Derpasauros", Ripkin, Fancy, and Tomato [their names change a lot, since they were initially feeder fish])
-Glass Catfish/Ghostfish (Dragon)
-Amano Shrimp (Calligraphy - he's been sick for about two weeks now, very slowly getting better, but he can't walk due to twisted and broken legs 8C)
-Guppies (The-Feather-Tailed-Guppy-I-Call-Neon-Tiger [aka Tiger], Feathers "Divetail", Tera and Sera, Cerberus, Lemonade - Africa, SpeedRacer, and Phoenix died)
-GloFish (Robin - Batman died)
-aaand I have six baby guppies. Their Mom is Feathers, but I have no idea who the father is. >>

Can I count my turtle Samm, too? :D
Though, he'd be the biggest of all my creatures. >>
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote