Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #11 
scootshoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle10 View Post
WOW.. must have been a crazy night for them I guess lol. Haha I knew they pooped but geez, so much poop that it was like gravel is crazy! I guess it is hard to tell how much exactly when you have gravel/sand. I always see them just minding their own business then out comes like 20 poopies from their shell lol!
Was surprised myself. I mean you read and hear snails poops lots but don't realize just how much with the gravel hiding it. The clear container this morning was just nasty! Snails must not retain much nutrients. It's like they eat as they moving along but only digest 5pct of what's taken in and poop out the rest.
scootshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 01:44 PM   #12 
turtle10

They are so messy and wasteful lol. My shrimp scavenge through the snail poop lol.
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #13 
Newtonbetta

snail and betta... scraping injury

I had posted pics in the emergency section a week ago, my betta was missing a bunch of scales on his head. At first I thought it was fungus but it was just what fish skin looks like when the scales fall off.

The only thing I could attribute it to was that I had put a snail in with him last weekend. He immediately was nipping at it and harrassing it. I'm wondering if he scraped himself somehow, either on the outer shell or the sharp part of the shell where the snail emerges. I removed the snail to the other side of the divided tank and the betta's head has almost healed.
Newtonbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:05 PM   #14 
RosyFish

Hahaha! These posts are hilarious.... I was thinking about getting a snail, but after this, I think I'll wait until I can set up my 10 Gal tank. I have three bettas (two males and one darling female). The female is in a 1 Gal tank now and she loves it!!
RosyFish is offline   Reply With Quote