Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #1 
Arashi Takamine

How do you interact with your betta's?

I was just curious after playing a bit with Akira by moving my hand infront of his tank rapidly in a game of: "Back off and flit back." As well as some mirror flaring. He's gotten some exercise and is now hanging around the silk plant.

So how do you play with your betta's? Do you hold up a mirror to their tank and move it around as they follow and flare at it?
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:03 PM   #2 
xswornxoffxjello

I like to put my (clean :P) hand in the water and chase them around a little. When I'm done they'll "kiss" my hand. :)
xswornxoffxjello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:16 PM   #3 
Littlebittyfish

This morning while doing water changes I placed my hand into batmans tank and did the a-ok sign .. and batman swam through my fingers. It was cute.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:42 PM   #4 
FireKidomaru

i often come right up to the tank and make faces at them or fog up the glass..they either flare or back away or spaz :) its adorable. I also place my finger on the glass and move it around and they chase it :)
FireKidomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #5 
Luimeril

i push my finger against Caroline's tank. she likes to come investigate. i used to tease her, by sticking my finger through the food-hole, but she bit me. >.> so i stopped putting it low enough that she can reach it. xD it didn't hurt, but it scared me! xD i also get her to flare at a pencil. o3o none of my bettas like the Evil Orange Thingie.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:57 AM   #6 
Arashi Takamine

All of them sound pretty cool. Akira seems to like to bunch up his tail at the sight of my left hand and then go nuts when I don't remove my left pinky from his sight. He's a little spazz he is...He and I seem to have little conversations as well. I tried the finger hoop thing and he flared and dove for the silk plant....Ah well he's still adjusting. He handled my hand being in his tank just fine to switch heaters.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:28 AM   #7 
baylee767

I mess around with Neon using my finger. If he's waiting at the front of his tank, I slowely move my finger forward at him. Even though my finger is outside the tank, he acts like I'm poking him and he turns sideways and backs away and then starts flaring and prancing around lol.
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #8 
Dixie

Dixie adores following my finger as I move it around her tank. I'm scared to do anything else since she's an extremely young betta and I don't want to scare her. (Dixie, you're such a dork. )
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:05 PM   #9 
mywingedhorses

Kiba follows my finger around the outside of his tank. He'll flare at it, then decide it isn't a threat and swim away. A few seconds later he'll come back to follow it and flare at it again.

When I stuck a finger in his tank he circled it and then swam away a little bit, pretending to not be interested. Soon he was back again, circling my finger. He didn't want to swim close enough to touch my finger though.

Dixie, the Koi fish in your avatar remind me of the fish from Avatar the Last Airbender.
mywingedhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:28 PM   #10 
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mywingedhorses View Post
Kiba follows my finger around the outside of his tank. He'll flare at it, then decide it isn't a threat and swim away. A few seconds later he'll come back to follow it and flare at it again.

When I stuck a finger in his tank he circled it and then swam away a little bit, pretending to not be interested. Soon he was back again, circling my finger. He didn't want to swim close enough to touch my finger though.

Dixie, the Koi fish in your avatar remind me of the fish from Avatar the Last Airbender.
Oh, it reminded you of the episode where the princess gives her life back to the moon spirit in order to save her people and stop the fire nation? I just thought that the avatar looked cool and decided to use it, but now that you mention it...the Koi fish do remind me of that episode.
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote