Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #11 
Arashi Takamine

I found so many videos of idiots putting their betta males in together WITHOUT A DIVIDER! They put that they kept an eye on them the entire time but one male was flaring and the other was definietly trying to escape. Another person punched their bowl shaking it thinking it was hilarious and the little female in it was becoming stressed. I told that person off and even if it was 'funny' it could give her a heart attack. Youtube people can be real idiots.
Arashi Takamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #12 
Luimeril

i'm glad i don't go looking for these things. :/ i've seen people swallowing bettas, feeding bettas to their Cichlids, fighting them. it's horrid, but i bed they do it to feel big and bad. >:O that's still no reason to do that to an innocent creature! me and this friend of mine told off this one guy, who thought it was funny to watch his friend try to eat this poor betta. poor fella was dropped so many times, i was amazed he was still alive.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #13 
ollief9

I was a horrid video of a Betta being kept in an extremely tall, very narrow acrylic tube with a filter and a plastic plant. The Betta was obviously distressed by having to swim all the way up to get air, and all the way down to hide.

I pointed my view out to the owner of the video and I got a very rude response.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:39 PM   #14 
bettamaniac

even the people who know a lot about bettas and what they need are very rude on youtube. they insult people who have bettas in small tanks and a lot of times they swear saying that that you need a bigger tank but its like it ticks them off just seeing a betta in a small tank.
bettamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:55 AM   #15 
dramaqueen
Banned

That's why we don't allow members to post links to that kind of crap. These things upset too many people. You can argue with people until the cows come home and they are NOT going to take your advice and all you'll get is a vulgar response.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:45 AM   #16 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
wow, his argument makes no sense at all. I'm pretty sure blood worms are insect larvae, which they would be eating in the wild, can't imagine a betta being able to take down a cow O_o

this made my day.
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:55 AM   #17 
luvmybetta

Location: When you read my Threads, Posts, Replies, they are being sent from Kansas...Yes, I do have a Toto.
I never go looking for things like what you are talking about. I won't, can't never will be able to go looking. Reason: YouTube is just one small segment of some demented people. I don't even want to think about what is happening on the rest of the planet to helpless creatures.
luvmybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:55 AM   #18 
ilovebunnies

*Sarcasm* The privilege of anonymity shows some real classy people.

At least you gave advice where it was needed and didn't feed in to that person's anger.
ilovebunnies is offline   Reply With Quote