Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #11 
Goomba3

The OP could have been new to breeding, not new to fish. I'm thinking he/she was just trying to figure out a healthy substitute for the babies. I think, instead of assuming the OP is new to fish in general, we should ask probing questions, like "Did you just buy the fish? How long have you been a fish owner? Have you bred before?" and also answer his/her question. Then educate in a friendly way. I understand breeding takes a lot of time and patience, and I think we are all jumpy due to a certain troll from a little while ago. We can't just assume everyone who acts like that IS like that. I also understand we care about the fry and don't want to see them suffer simply because of someone's ignorance, so we try to make them UNDERSTAND by using CAPITALS as EMPHASIS, but it comes across as yelling. I know I would be scared away.

And that's my two cents.
Goomba3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #12 
shinybetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goomba3 View Post
The OP could have been new to breeding, not new to fish. I'm thinking he/she was just trying to figure out a healthy substitute for the babies. I think, instead of assuming the OP is new to fish in general, we should ask probing questions, like "Did you just buy the fish? How long have you been a fish owner? Have you bred before?" and also answer his/her question. Then educate in a friendly way. I understand breeding takes a lot of time and patience, and I think we are all jumpy due to a certain troll from a little while ago. We can't just assume everyone who acts like that IS like that. I also understand we care about the fry and don't want to see them suffer simply because of someone's ignorance, so we try to make them UNDERSTAND by using CAPITALS as EMPHASIS, but it comes across as yelling. I know I would be scared away.

And that's my two cents.
1+
Also, while I don't want breeding without research, it doesn't always end in fish dying. My neighbor bred his fish in a ten gallon with no heater filled only 2 inches, and his fish bred without dying. By instantly saying "OMG, your fish are going to DIE!!!", you are scaring people away, and now they may never get proper help.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote