Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2011, 02:52 PM   #1 
Dixie

Newbie!

Vocaloid, a member on this forum, had contacted me earlier today because she was interested in giving her baby betta to me, but it took longer than expected for her to make up her mind. She's finally made the decision to give up her betta to me. I felt terrible because her first betta died and now she's giving away her new betta. Well, if she thought it over I can't argue with her. I've renamed the new betta because the name Miku didn't fit her. Her new name is Dixie. I'm not sure if the name Dixie is any good either because I suck at naming things, but it just clicked. My username is Dixie, so it shouldn't be too difficult to remember or anything. It's nice to be a member on this forum!
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:04 PM   #2 
hannah16

Welcome to BettaFish.com <3 Its the best place for to meet knowledgable people like Mr.Vamp, Monroe, OldFishLady, and Turtle10 :3. Congrats on your new betta, its great to know you've given her a home.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #3 
Dixie

At first I wasn't convinced to take Dixie from my friend, but after a while of thinking I decided that it'd be the best thing to do. I was convinced that fish weren't my thing and now I regret thinking that.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #4 
tracyalexa

I felt the same way about fish. Now I'm an addict. I'm pretty new here too....but welcome. Lots to learn. ;)
tracyalexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:50 AM   #5 
Dixie

I'm looking forward to gaining more knowledge about this very special type of fish. It's a shame that Vocaloid decided to give up her fish. Well, when you get close to something and it's killed or destroyed it really hurts you, I guess. If that's the case then I don't blame her.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 AM   #6 
kathstew

Welcome! Just be prepared that bettas are addicting ;) I started with two, and am now up to five. And it keeps growing!

There are a lot of people here who are happy to help in any way, just ask! Everyone here is super nice, and friendly.:D
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #7 
Dixie

Vocaloid warned me about how people get addicted to these fish, but I didn't believe her. I have the urge to purchase another betta because Vocaloid gave me both of her tanks. It's almost impossible to resist this urge. Maybe I should've listened to her about this addiction. (Dixie, you've been told several times to listen to people who know what they're talking about. )
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM   #8 
Tomsk

Welcome to the forum,
Sorry to hear about Vocaloid's decision.I'm glad to see you have joined the forum for advice,I'd wait until you are more settled with your new fish before getting a second one for your other tank (just admit it!,you will get a second Betta..you know you will ).
Have a good look at the threads on the forum and you will know a lot about Bettas,cycling tanks,sickness,feeding,water conditions etc.

Good luck!,
Tomsk
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #9 
shinybetta

Welcome! You can ask me about tankmates, I know a lot about shrimp, mid level schooling fish, exotic catfish, top level fish, and any thing else you can think of!.
shinybetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #10 
Dixie

I'm very good at taking advice once it's given, so I'll be sure to wait in order to get another betta. It wouldn't be a great idea to buy another when I have to idea what I'm doing yet. I'll be sure to ask questions when I need to and I'm glad that everyone is so good about giving me advice. (The excitement of owning a fish and the mannors of this forum is making me tear up. This is a bit odd. )

Last edited by Dixie; 04-05-2011 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Typing errors