Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #11 
Luimeril

well, when i got Lulu, i'd wanted a male. i thought she was a boy, to be honest. xD when i found out she was a female, i was pretty happy. :3 i adore females for their personalities. i dun care if they're ugly, colorful, or what. i'm aiming for a new female, but mom took the spare tank to slightly upgrade her crowntail from his bowl, and move him from the kitchen. i gotta clean out her 10 gallon, so i can take my tank back. >3>

as for Chappy, she was a surprise. o.o i'd just lost the betta in my avatar, my white HMPK, Weiss, and didn't want another. i'd bought some Red Cherry Shrimp to fill his empty 3 gallon, and when i opened the box and got the bag, these two big ol' eyes were staring at me, from the Java moss. the person gave me a fry! she was called "the little one", "my baby betta", and other cute names until she was old enough to tell the gender of. she was almost Cloud, but an HMPK breeder told me she was a Chappy instead. x3 she's gone through alot of changes since i got her, as a colorless speck. i got to watch her grow up, and squeeled with glee at every step. when her dragon scales started coming in, i was so happy, and took almost daily photos. xD
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:19 PM   #12 
christina

What a surprise! I kind of wanted to raise a betta from a fry, but I know of no one who breeds bettas in Utah :) We have a wide choice of Petsmart and petco. I think that is a lucky coincidence!

What is a Chappy?
christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #13 
Luimeril

well, i'd picked out two names for my fry. Chappy Belle, if it was a girl, Cloud if it was a boy. i asked a breeder friend if i had a Cloud(boy), or a Chappy(girl), and he said i had a Chappy. xD

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...711.1428554713

there she is, in the middle of her transition from HMPK dragon, to HMPK brown pineapple. ._.
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:37 PM   #14 
christina

Ah, that makes more sense. Your betta is very cute. I like the color differences of yellow and green.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:45 PM   #15 
FuulieQ

My boy Freed changed from turquoise to electric blue was he aged. :)
First brought home -

Couple months;

About a year;
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #16 
christina

he kind of looks like my roomies' betta :P I bet hers gets greener though. (although I've heard predicting isn't very easy)

I notice the fin in the first picture. How did that happen? He seemed to have recovered quite well though.

Last edited by christina; 04-06-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #17 
FuulieQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by christina View Post
he kind of looks like my roomies' betta :P I bet hers gets greener though. (although I've heard predicting isn't very easy)

I notice the fin in the first picture. How did that happen? He seemed to have recovered quite well though.
I'm not quite sure how he ripped his fin, there was nothing in his container that could have done it, but it may have been water current as I had to carry him back to my dorm on foot. :( He did completely heal in about a week with clean water only, but he always had a tendency to rip it occasionally and he bit it a couple of times. (see album for stubby Freed :P)

He was pretty generic, yeah, I see clones of him everywhere. But I loved him anyway, he even got little red spots after he bit his tail around the time I decided that I liked red Dalmatians. :)
FuulieQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #18 
Abby

urgh done MENTION colour change!

lets see...
Dastans colour changed before he died
Melvin, he was METALLIC blue butterfly:

then recently lost his shiny :(

Cedric was a black and purple sd/hm metallic copper butterfly...Before being attacked by benny:

After: (his colour changes from a pale metallic green to pale metallic purple)

Louie my lil ct is white with a splash on his fins of red. at first his fins were seethrough, then they went "frosted" when he settled, then they started turning aqua shimmery. they only go seethrough if hes really calm.

hes also begining to blacken on his tail base.

Benny was a dark blue almost black with white on his fins (butterfly) then he ate his white and most of his blue off then turned a brighter blue, now i wishe hed stop eating his silly self:

my girls get stressed and frop their colours to that brown with thick black stripes to the point the only one i can identify apart from rayne is cinder cause shes darkest

RAYNE:

see link below:
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=67151
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 05:57 PM   #19 
luluo

I am completely new to fish and I just got my first Betta today. He was a pretty blue and red color in the store. I transported him home, placing his cup inside a small cardboard box, hoping that the darkness would cause him less stress for the ride. We got home about 10 minutes later and he was an awful pale gray color. He started to brighten again after about 20 minutes of his cup floating in the tank. Now that he's been swimming around for about five hours his color is electrifying and more purples and greens are coming out.
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 06:01 PM   #20 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluo View Post
I am completely new to fish and I just got my first Betta today. He was a pretty blue and red color in the store. I transported him home, placing his cup inside a small cardboard box, hoping that the darkness would cause him less stress for the ride. We got home about 10 minutes later and he was an awful pale gray color. He started to brighten again after about 20 minutes of his cup floating in the tank. Now that he's been swimming around for about five hours his color is electrifying and more purples and greens are coming out.

thats normal after being netted baged transported and what not :) glad hes settling nicely :)
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote