Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 PM   #1 
xxcaveat

New Betta...

Hello all.

I spent the past few days lurking the forum, and decided to join. I recently received a betta fish (I had a few when I was younger, but this is my first fish of any sort in years), and I will admit that I am somewhat clueless about their care - which is why I was very happy to discover this forum.

Here's a picture of my lovely new addition, Amadeus (sorry for the horrible picture quality.. my camera died so I had to use my phone):

I was looking at the various types of bettas, but I haven't quite been able to determine what kind he is... any insight will be appreciated!

I suppose I will 'introduce' myself as well. My name's Heather. I'm an avid animal lover - I have a small colony of hermit crabs (purple pinchers), one dog, a ball python, and of course a betta. I have worked with horses for nine years; though have not been able to ride at all for the past year and a half. I do enjoy writing; and usually am long-winded (as I'm sure you can tell by now ). However, I do tend to be rather quiet - which means I'll probably lurk on the forum more than I'll post.

With all the formalities out of the way, I am looking forward to lurking the forum and learning all I can about my newest addition!
xxcaveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #2 
bettafish15

I believe your betta is a cambodian veiltail! What kind of set up is your betta in? :D Do you have more pictures of him? He's adorable! Welcome to the forum!
bettafish15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #3 
luluo

I'm new too so I don't have any advice, but he is beautiful!
luluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:14 PM   #4 
Abby

:) has he got fin damage? is he missing bit of his tail?
I have an almost IDENTICAL cambodian boy
my boy is Pippin:

Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #5 
xxcaveat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettafish15 View Post
I believe your betta is a cambodian veiltail! What kind of set up is your betta in? :D Do you have more pictures of him? He's adorable! Welcome to the forum!
Thank you! Right now he is in a 1 gallon aquarium - since he was a rather unexpected purchase, I wasn't really prepared for him (thankfully my love for reptiles and other small animals left me with some extra aquariums). I have a five gallon that I'd like to get set up for him as soon as possible - but for now, the one gallon and frequent water changes will have to suffice. I don't have any more pictures at the moment... I'll be sure to post some more once I charge my camera. Thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luluo View Post
I'm new too so I don't have any advice, but he is beautiful!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby View Post
:) has he got fin damage? is he missing bit of his tail?
I have an almost IDENTICAL cambodian boy
my boy is Pippin:
Pippin is beautiful! And yes, they do look rather similar. I don't think he has any fin damage - but then again I am relatively new to the betta fish world (I was actually quited amazed at all the different variations of bettas). His tail seems to have soft edges (not jagged or shredded) and is just especially rounded. He was the only one like that in an assortment of obvious veiltails, which is why I was confused as to what kind he was.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #6 
BlakbirdxGyarados

Welcome to the forum!
He is gorgeous. And that's not a bad picture for a cell phone camera. At least it's not blurry. :D

When you can post some better pictures, please do!
I wonder what kind of personality he'll have too. Betta fish are so fun to keep~
BlakbirdxGyarados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #7 
xxcaveat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakbirdxGyarados View Post
Welcome to the forum!
He is gorgeous. And that's not a bad picture for a cell phone camera. At least it's not blurry. :D

When you can post some better pictures, please do!
I wonder what kind of personality he'll have too. Betta fish are so fun to keep~
Thanks! Every single movement he made caused the picture to blur.. it took quite a bit of time to get a decent one. I'll be sure to post better pictures when I can. :) I'm still learning his personality - he does seem rather active, and follows my finger around the tank. Of all the bettas I've had in previous years, he definitely seems to be the most personable one. Thanks for the welcome!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:43 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Hello and welcome to thge forum. Your betta is very pretty!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #9 
kathstew

Welcome to the forum! Everyone is really nice here, and SUPER helpful.
As someone said above, I think he's a veiltail. :D
kathstew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:42 AM   #10 
Ai Shimizu

It's nice to know that there's someone else with something in common with me. For about a year now I've owned a red roan Appaloosa. He isn't the first horse I've ever had, so I have quite a bit of experience myself. There's an entire list of animals I have, but for time and space I'm not going to list off any of the rest. Your betta is a very beautiful Veiltail. The picture you got isn't that bad for a cell phone camera, but once you can get more pictures please, post them on the forum. Everyone here adores looking at the pictures that other members have to offer. You could say that some of us are addicted to taking pictures and posting them to this forum. However, I have nothing to say because I haven't posted a single picture of Amaya, my betta, on this forum. It was wonderful meeting you and I hope you enjoy having your betta and being a part of this site.
Ai Shimizu is offline   Reply With Quote