Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 PM   #1 
laughing

A couple random questions?

1) How long does it take you to clean your 1 gallon FILTERED tank? Anyone have a comparison to a 2.5 gallon? How often do you do these water changes?

2) Anyone know of a good bookcase to house these guys in? I'm looking for something that can hold 35-45lbs per shelf and is only 3-4 feet high and very slender like a 1-2 feet wide. I don't have room for much else right now

3) Which have worked better for you: a 10 gallon divided, or 1-2.5 gallons housing one fish?

For those curious about these questions:
-I am finishing decorating my room (which seems plain silly because in September I'm moving out, LOL) and it's very small. I just got a bookcase to put everything in it (book, CD, game wise) so my closet space has opened up. BUT what is plain DUMB is that my closet door is a swinging out one so it takes up like 3ft of space I asked my mom if I could take it off and hang a curtain instead (which would allow me to get a 55 gallon that I want and house many lovely bettas) and she said no. I can't even change the blinds.. I could house 3 fish easily, but that's too little for me! So I wanted to go with a 10 gallon divided but might not even have room for that... So therefore the questions!

Thanks everyone!
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:45 PM   #2 
Abby

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing View Post
1) How long does it take you to clean your 1 gallon FILTERED tank? Anyone have a comparison to a 2.5 gallon? How often do you do these water changes?

hmm personally one gal with filters are still too tiny. waterchanges are a daily thing too. so would cleaning be. prob 20 minutes 30 max

2) Anyone know of a good bookcase to house these guys in? I'm looking for something that can hold 35-45lbs per shelf and is only 3-4 feet high and very slender like a 1-2 feet wide. I don't have room for much else right now

hmmm have a look round thrift shops or cheap furniture stores.

3) Which have worked better for you: a 10 gallon divided, or 1-2.5 gallons housing one fish?

preferably 2.5 gal per fish or a 10 gal divided to 3 (3.3 or a little more per fish)
For those curious about these questions:
-I am finishing decorating my room (which seems plain silly because in September I'm moving out, LOL) and it's very small. I just got a bookcase to put everything in it (book, CD, game wise) so my closet space has opened up. BUT what is plain DUMB is that my closet door is a swinging out one so it takes up like 3ft of space I asked my mom if I could take it off and hang a curtain instead (which would allow me to get a 55 gallon that I want and house many lovely bettas) and she said no. I can't even change the blinds.. I could house 3 fish easily, but that's too little for me! So I wanted to go with a 10 gallon divided but might not even have room for that... So therefore the questions!

Thanks everyone!

Theres my input
Abby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #3 
laughing

I don't want to keep them in 1 gallons but it may be the best option... I'm looking at 2.5-3 gallons right now. My original plan was a 10 gallon divided into 3 and a 6 gallon divided into 2 and having that, but I don't have enough room. I might be able to do a 6 gallon still, though. If I can find a shelf strong enough to hold a 10 gallon I will most likely opt for that.
laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #4 
Harley

You might wanna see what Ikea has.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote