Betta Fish Forum banner

Betta types

967 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Betta Slave 
#1 ·
I already have a male veiltail betta, and have a budget of $30:
What should I get next? I am looking for something really pretty, color doesn't matter but I don't want another veiltail, something really flowy. I don't wanna breed them but I want a female(maybe a sorority of 2 females)

#3 ·
Yeah, you need at least 10 gallons (I read 4 was minimum but 6+ is preferred) $30 isn't quite enough to setup a sorority. If your VT is in a small tank (my definition of small is under 2 gallons) then maybe you could spend the money to, say, buy him that $25 hawkeye hex tank (just search it on walmart) And use the other $5 to get a cheap hidey spot/pack of silk plants. But if your Bettas is in 2.5+ gallons (MY idea of a permanent home, some go down to a gallon, but nothing under... for some reason I prefer at least 5-10 gallons in the long run, but yeah around 2... 2.5+ gallons) than you could just spend the extra $5 on a new Betta and put in some hidey spots like coffee mugs and terra cotta pots and such.

#4 ·
Yea, I read that sorority thing, but my mom decided against it :(
But any good types of bettas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.