Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2011, 04:16 AM   #21 
baylee767

Yeah, someday. Until then I'll just do some more research in case it makes a difference, and rescue some fish that really deserve it. When I find that perfect pair... then again, no telling if they'd breed. I might have to wait 3 more years until we move to the mainland and then can order Bettasif I don't find the pair , and that will be PLENTY of time to learn everything inside and out. I read in some peoples minds if you haven't owned Bettas for at least 2 years you shouldn't really breed them but just learn to appreciate their beauty. I'll just become more familiar with Bettas, and at that point I'll have lots of money because I'll be able to get a job. Yes, waiting might actually be good....
baylee767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #22 
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

baylee767,

While your waiting, you can work out your ultimate set-up and save cash so you can buy many pairs, so you'll have a better chance of some of them breeding!

You can work on studying genetics too, to decide what you're going for when you breed your bettas.

I know it's hard to wait, but you can be really prepared when the time comes. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The islands must be trying to protect the local flora and fauna by limiting what gets imported... and I can't say that's a bad idea. The dreaded Snake Headed fish is sneaking (snaking?) all over the US because of lax import controls. And look at what happened to Austraila, with non-native species killing off the native ones.

It's a bummer because people like you, who have no ill intent, are restricted along with little Johnny Malice (who's sneaking in an baby alligator from Florida)! :(
Here Fishy Fishy Fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #23 
dramaqueen
Banned

Look what happened in Florida with Burmese pythons. When they get too big to handle, people just turn them loose in the Everglades and they destroy the native species.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote