Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #1 
nunuchan

Snails, snails, EVERYWHERE. (100 babies expected >,<)

Late last night I found two little egg nests in my tank, one on the facing glass and one underneath the filter. I have witnessed my snails going at it for a few weeks now, and have been hoping that this wouldn't happen because I believed they weren't of the same species.
Lo and behold, I have MANY baby snails expected within the next couple of weeks.
I have one betta and these two snails in my 14G tank. Filter and light are on during the day only. I am extremely worried about the safety of my betta, and will get rid of the nests if I need to. If he will eat the snaibies, I am fine with that, however I don't want this to be such a problem that they clog the filter or overrun my tank.
helpppp
nunuchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

Common snails can be both good and bad....personally, I like snails and all of mine have a job of sorts...but they can get out of hand fast.....before you know it you can have hundred if not thousands of these little critters....lol.....

Some Bettas will eat small snails but usually not enough to make a difference with a population explosion...lol......you may want to start destroying the snail eggs now before they get out of hand...just use a clean hand and smash them or suck them out with a vacuum......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #3 
Astro277

If you wanna give some snails away i'd gladly take some lol I have at least 6-7 tanks that would enjoy a snail or two for cleanups
Astro277 is offline   Reply With Quote