Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #2981 
Sweeda88

xD
Sweeda88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:18 PM   #2982 
CyerRyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollief9 View Post
You'd better upgrade that tank sharpish.
That definitely is too small, plus it doesn't have a heater.
It's 75F in the tank, the temp. is fine for now. Yes I'm aware that it's suggested to have between 76-80F which I'll be fixing soon. I've already had this discussion in another thread. I bought this Betta as a gift for my son and I fell in love with it instead. I'll admit that I didn't really think it through when I bought him, but I can still change it around. He is healthy and a happy little fish so I gotta be doing something right. :P I'll post pictures once I get his new tank and hopefully a companion for him if I can find a way to separate a 5gal. tank.
CyerRyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 04:22 PM   #2983 
ollief9

Fair enough.
Is this little shelf the only place you could put a tank? Only a divided 10 gallon would be a lot better IMO.
However, if a 5 gallon is the only size, then that's fine. 2.5 gallons can work for a betta, but personally I would only put one Betta in a 5 gallon tank.
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #2984 
newfiedragon

Since my other fish died , I've been planning on moving Root Beer into the empty tank, which would give him a little over a gallon more space. After finally getting the tank sanitized and cleaned up, I got it all put together today!!!! So here's a pic of Root Beer's new home, once I put him in there!
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #2985 
ollief9

Nice, I like the big skull. How about some live plants?
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #2986 
newfiedragon

I would love to get live plants, but I'm not overly comfortable with live plants right now. I think live plants might be why that tank is suddenly available for Root Beer. I had bought two live plants, one for this tank and one for another betta tank, and in less than a week, both bettas were dead. The only thing that had changed in their tanks were the plants. So...silk plants for now.
newfiedragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #2987 
phoenix91

This tank is going to sit where i had Ōji's tank originally. I really liked the look of a tank there but my idiot cats put a stop to that.

I bought this 5 gallon to have as a planted tank with no fish. I know this is the post your betta home thread but i didn't want to start a new thread just to post this pic.

I have to keep telling myself that NO FISH will be in this tank, i don't want a repeat of cat stupidity from my littlest kitty and if it's just plants she'll leave it alone. (i did see the cutest female at petsmart that i had to drag myself away from) So. i know it's bare but i've got 1 amazon sword and have a java fern coming that i ordered online. Plus i have 5 small marimo balls coming, 1 for Ōji's tank, 1 for a half gallon bowl that i plan to give to my mam and the other 3 can go in here for now.
Name:  DSCF2129.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  101.1 KB

(sorry about the pic if it turns out to be huge)
I do plan on adding some stones and a few more plants when i can find decent ones. i have a few bulbs in there but honestly i don't know if they'll grow or not.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #2988 
phoenix91

Quote:
Originally Posted by youlovegnats View Post
OH MY GOD! THAT KNITTED FISH- I MUST HAVE!!! Did you knit it yourself???
Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut285 View Post
oh my god i didn't even notice, it's so cute <3333
Sorry i just saw these now. Thanks. Yes, i knitted it myself. It was meant for the cats but i think i'll make them a new different one.
phoenix91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #2989 
Littlebittyfish

Video of the 5.5 gallon divided.

Not the best quality unfortunately..I had to mess with the quality because the file size was huuuge.
Littlebittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #2990 
Gnome507

My fish Shiro's home. Lol you can't see him but he's over on the left by the sword plant :P
He blends in with the rocks.
Gnome507 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, bettathanyou, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank