Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2011, 08:57 PM   #11 
JD3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by briser View Post
Oh my :( I wish I could help but I'm not good with diseases etc. Definitely lower the water level so it's easier for him to get up for air (unless it's already lowered - hard to tell from the pic). I wish you all the best with your little guy! Hope it makes it through this!
Thank you so much! I hope he does too.
JD3P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #12 
PewPewPew

Use that, the tea and dose in 1.5-2tsp/gallon aq along with the lower temp and water changes. If you usually use prime, then yes- use that. Changing the conditioner rapidly isnt good to do, even with a healthy fish.

Good luck <3
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:03 PM   #13 
Thunderloon

Aerate the water (bubbles) but make sure you leave the air-stone on the surface in the one gallon or it will just "blend" him.

Keep in mind the "fungus clear" is Furan-2, a wide-range antibiotic. Go ahead and use it, it won't kill your boy unless you use about 4x dose or more in bad water conditions. Furans are slower cures but they suppress growth and often block reproduction of the bacteria AND fungus. For some reason Jungle's actual fungus cure is labled "Ick Cure"...

You can break a tablet up into a drinking water bottle then use 10% of the mix from that in your one gallon container. If the bottle is kept cool and closed the remaining doses will be good for up to a week (I usually make new every 3 days). Treat for minimum 8 days external and 12 days internal infections.

I have to assume that he's got the same thing inside as he's got on his tail, so the furan should cook it all for him. You can soak any food you give him in a drop of water from the mixed bottle for 5 to 10 seconds before putting it in for him.
Thunderloon is offline   Reply With Quote