Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2011, 10:19 PM   #1 
Luimeril

Talking Better Betta Rescue

so, one day, i was browsing Craigslist, looking for bettas in need, when i came across this ad, willing to take in your unwanted betta. they linked to a Facebook account, which i then looked at and added to my friend's list. over time, me and the owner began talking, and i was introduced to Better Betta Rescue. they take in unwanted bettas, neglected bettas, and even rescue walmart bettas. they make them better if they're ill, care for them till they're healthy, then adopt them out. they've gotten all kinds of bettas, from a deformed, lopsided walmart rescue named Wally, to a beautiful orange HM named Apricot, to a GIANT Veiltail named Titan.

right now, they're looking to upgrade all their bettas from their one gallon storage bins, to larger tanks with heaters and plants. if you happen to have any of the following, shoot me a message, and i'll relay it to BBR.
-rocks
-filters
-betta food
-plants
-aquarium decor
-aquariums

also, if you're willing to donate money, to help them out, also shoot me a message. here's their FB page, if you wanna take a look at them, and the bettas they have for adoption. i, myself, am pretty partial to Panther, the Doubletail they have. ;3
http://www.facebook.com/BetterBettaRescue
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #2 
Luimeril

:d c'mon, Folks! a betta rescue. :3 check out the bettas they have for adoption!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id...7179&aid=35010
Old 04-11-2011, 12:39 PM   #3 
PewPewPew

HeymanImalreadyafan D;

I might send noms, thats all Ive really got, atm.

If theyre scared of sending money, they can probably send gift cards, too, right? Id ask first which stores they use,but some people (mehself) dont like to send money like that, so I opt gift cards :D Ive sent petsmart ones to shelters before, they love that.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:37 PM   #4 
BlackberryBetta

I would love to adopt my next betta. Is there an adoption fee or do they just send the betta to you?
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #5 
MomokoCove

Blackberry I'm trying to adopt Panther right now.I know she only ships to USA she said.(I think) There is a form though and the shipping fee.
MomokoCove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM   #6 
PewPewPew

OH SNAP, LUI!!! Gon steal your boy! :D

I really wish I could take one, I wish theyd come back into business before I bought Balthier. Baw.
PewPewPew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #7 
Dixie

It'd be great to send them some supplies, but I'm only a 15 year old and I can't afford to send anything out yet. When I get older I'd be more than happy to donate supplies and money to Better Betta Rescue. (I feel so cheap for being unable to donate anything...)
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:03 PM   #8 
BlackberryBetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomokoCove View Post
Blackberry I'm trying to adopt Panther right now.I know she only ships to USA she said.(I think) There is a form though and the shipping fee.
She only ships to the USA? Darn! Im in Canada! ANyone know any canadian people who adopt bettas?
BlackberryBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:33 PM   #9 
Luimeril

i know! everyone LOVES Panther, which makes me happy, and sad. :p but, hey! if they can get the money to have him shipped first, as long as he goes to a good, loving home, i'm happy! :D

they do charge a fee, i think, and shipping is overnight, preferably. these poor babies come from bad conditions, so they don't want to stress them out anymore than they need to with shipping, ya know?
Old 04-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #10 
Luimeril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
It'd be great to send them some supplies, but I'm only a 15 year old and I can't afford to send anything out yet. When I get older I'd be more than happy to donate supplies and money to Better Betta Rescue. (I feel so cheap for being unable to donate anything...)
it's fine. :3 just advertise them on here, and any other betta site you're a part of! :D that's what i do, since i can't donate anything, nor send money right now.