Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #1 
Vocaloid

Change in Behavior

Tank Size: Approx. 2.44 Gallons
Population: 1 betta
Water Change: 50%-100% a week

Well, I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about, but ever since I placed Miku inside her tank she's been acting quite strange. She's being less active and her fins seem to be shriveled. She usually meets me at the top of the water for food, but lately she's been hanging around the bottom of the tank and doesn't seem interested in the food. Miku does have some stress stripes on her, but I'm unsure if these are signs of stress. I just want to make sure that she's not ill. Please, help me if you can. I've already lost Luka on the third of this month and I don't want to loose Miku.
Vocaloid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:45 PM   #2 
Vocaloid

Update

Well, a few minutes ago I decided to swap out the gravel I recently bought with the glass stones and she's started acting normal. The idea was given to me when I remembered how well she did in her 1 gallon tank with the stones and that the only difference in this tank was the fact that there was gravel instead of glass stones. Could there have been something in the gravel causing Miku to act strange?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #3 
turtle10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vocaloid View Post
Well, a few minutes ago I decided to swap out the gravel I recently bought with the glass stones and she's started acting normal. The idea was given to me when I remembered how well she did in her 1 gallon tank with the stones and that the only difference in this tank was the fact that there was gravel instead of glass stones. Could there have been something in the gravel causing Miku to act strange?
Did you change the water when you changed the gravel? Because I suspect the water quality was hurting him. In a 2.5 you should be doing at least two 50% and one 100% water change a week.

What temperature is the tank?
turtle10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #4 
Vocaloid

The temperature of the tank was around 79 degrees and I did clean the water when I changed the gravel. I inserted some Ammonia, Chlorine, and Chloramine eliminator in the tank before placing her in, but I let the tank run for a couple hours before placing Miku in the tank so that the eliminator could do it's job.