I have a recipe for home-style mac n cheese, it's so good, I've made it once before and my moms made it twice:
1/2 pound of short pasta, cooked as per package directions
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 cup grated parmesan
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons Robin Hood All Purpose Flour
3 cups Carnation regular, 2%, or fat free evaporated milk
2 teaspoons salt
4 cups grated old cheddar, divided
1. Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan in a small bowl. Reserve.
2. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 9 inch x 13 inch baking dish.
3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan, add flour, and cook over low heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in milk and salt. Bring to a boil, lower the heat, and cook for 5 minutes. Add 3 cups of cheddar cheese, stirring until melted. Stir mixture into pasta. Pour into prepared dish.
4. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar cheese, and cover with breadcrumb mixture.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling.
hope you guys like it! [: